Hi guys, My name is Mick and the missus and I have just purchased a 5.5m shark cat. She is an original Bruce Harris design (1979 model) and in good nic for her age. After a few runs in the bay we took the old girl up to Pete (the owner of valet boat services) well known to this site as Grand Marlin. It undertook a complete rewire, electronics fitted, customised dash, fuel system completely redone including fuel sensors. New switches, steering wheel and the list goes on. I was very impressed with Pete's professionalism, quality of workmanship, friendly nature and his valued opinions and advice. I rate his service as second to none. The boat will be going back to Pete in the near future as time and money permits. I am looking to acheive a safe and reliable fishing platform.
I am well aware of the cat Vs mono hull saga and the choice of outboard motors, it's no different to Holden Vs Ford. Everybody has their own views and opinions which I respect. If your boat suits your needs and budget and is safe I take my hat off to you.
We are looking forward to attending next months meet and greet at Tangalooma. I love a cold beer, a good yarn and am always keen to learn more about fishing and boating in general. Cheers Mick