Thread: New Bass P.B

Blog Entries

New Bass P.B

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	049.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	72778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	72777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	047.jpg 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	72776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	046.jpg 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	72775Fished the Brisbane River Sat avo chasin Bass on sub surface lures from the canoe .Picked up 5 fish in & around timber / snags between 40-45 cm( some pretty fat bastards in amongst them ) which equal my previous P.B OF 45CM.
    Decided to have a troll for a while , with the electric idling away on the lowest speed I set a Jackall D Cherry into motion . 5 min into the troll I came across some interesting feature on the sounder & as soon as the lure hit that area I was on to a Bass , after a breif struggle another 45 was netted .
    I circled back & covered the same stretch of water , this time hooking up to a slightly smaller model going 43cm.
    I continued on further up stream within 20m of the previous spot my 1/3 kg Rod buckled over as the 6 lb braid began to peel off the Diawa 1500 tierra .After several strong runs glimpses of a large Bass breaking the surface next to the canoe were seen .
    At this stage I was thinking NEW P.B. with net handy the fish was netted & Trebbles remove a quick measure confirmed my thoughts 51cm !!! you little beuty (or something similar) echoed up the river .
    A few smaller models were netted on the way home .
    All fish released to fight another day .

Re: New Bass P.B

Well done grinner, there are some nice fish in the river at the moment.

Cheers Andrew

Great Stuff Grinner
    Good to get up over the 50 mark. Congratulations.
    BTW thats a funny looking yak, How are you supposed to get your bum properly wet in that!
    Cheers for the report and nice pics
    Brendan

well done mate 50cm+ wild bass is a true trophy fish

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Blog Entries

Brendan , considered getting a Yak when purchasing the Scanoe .But getting a wet arse was not high on the priority compared to being able to mount a electric or my 4 hp four stroke outboard on the back end .
    Besides I reckon I would have ended up in the water on several past occasions if I was in a Yak .
    Regards
    Paul.

You probably lose a bit less gear overboard than I do too!
    Congrats again
    Brendan

Well done, Paul. 51cm is a very good fish (and an old one too). On ya. Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Blog Entries

Weather permitting , Ill be heading back up there on Sunday to improve 0n my 51cm P.B .
    Watch this space for future report early next week .

No wild ones in there BK, all fish in that section are either stocked by Brisbane Valley Anglers or are escapees from Wivenhoe.
    Unfortunately true wild fish cannot negotiate the excuse for a fish ladder at Mt Crosby weir. Still a nice fish though & there are plenty of them in there at the moment.

Cheers Andrew