Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
Govt opened the way to approve taking Jennies to try to curry favour with the rec fishers Labor have angered by giving in to the Greens party on many issues. The LNP did not and does not support this measure without further science to support it. It was a stunt that has backfired now that hundreds of fishers told Labor they were irresponsible. However it did provide a distraction from the Gladstone crisis, coral sea closures, snapper bans and other Labor disasters.
I agree, silly idea if they went ahead with it, but realy Mark, "Opens the way"? Nice spin.

From the Courier Mail
Fisheries Minister Craig Wallace on Saturday asked for feedback from recreational anglers on overturning a harvesting ban on female mudcrabs from Queensland waters.
I am interested to know what fishers think about a relaxing of restrictions," Mr Wallace said in a statement.

I wish they'd ask for feed back for all there hair brained ideas before they decide if they'll bring them in or not, just like they did here. I just wish they'd act on that feed.
Perhaps you'd prefer they just accidentally email their ideas to the Courier Mail and wait to see the public reaction before they act. Now that would be a good idea.