Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Ash Bay, sir edward pellew islands video

King Ash Bay, sir edward pellew islands video

righto well the missus left me alone long enough today to put this together. I hope this works ok as youtube has been burning me on copyright with the background music.

We went up to King Ash Bay and fished the mcarthur and crooked rivers as well as out around the sir edward pellew islands. We caught a heap of different species and also snagged a few crabs in the process. I was in a hurry as usual to post this but thoughts and feedback welcome. Hope you enjoy.

cheers from boony

Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Re: King Ash Bay, sir edward pellew islands video

Top vid as usually John.

Thanks for sharing the vid Boonie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Great video Boony,some beautiful fish well done..

Baz

good work well done

hi Boony, when were you there?
    I was there in april ,
    great place to fish and you have caught some good fish,

i was surprised how many boats were on the river,

thanks Glen

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_Two View Post
    hi Boony, when were you there?
    I was there in april ,
    great place to fish and you have caught some good fish,

i was surprised how many boats were on the river,

thanks Glen
    Glen
    glen,

We were there recently in the first two weeks of october this year. If we go up there again i would like to do it after the wet (in april/may) to see how different the fishing is. Even though they were winding down for the wet season there was still a heap of people and boats about. Always had a great time at gropers bar meeting new people.

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".

Well done boys what a trip...
    Nice vid Boony

Cheers
    Bingo

Well done mate, both on the fish and the Video.

Cheers
    Brett

Bloody Hell Boony looks like you had a fantastic trip m8. Another great John Boon Production well done with the video.

Cheers Bull

Great Vid Boony. You are making it look all too easy mate. Well done.

Top vid Boony, you do make it look so easy. What software do you use to edit and put it all together. Can you give us some details on how did it take to get there, road conditions.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

once again fella's thanks very much for the feedback as it makes putting the effort in all worthwhile so cheers.

tropic, i use a program called pinnacle studio 14. it's the only one i have used and am happy with it. Takes a bit to get the hang of but once you figure a few things out it's fairly easy. Some people have used it and aren't happy but u can't please everyone i spose.
    The trip from emerald to king ash bay is about 2020km's. We normally get to barkley homstead on the first day which only leaves about 5-600km's the next day so we roll in about 1ish, setup then drop the boats in the water for a few hours just to wet a line. Only 20km's of dirt on the whole trip which is the last 21km's. Gotta take it steady on this road as it's pretty rough. Watch out between winton and kynuna as my trailer almost fell apart on this stretch and required some welding.

Anything else you guy's want to know just ask happy to help anyone heading that way in the future.

cheers from boony

Good one Boony. Well done. Glad you all enjoyed your trip. Hope to see you back up this way again one day.

Link to King Ash Bay Fishing Club website (just rebuilt and more enhancements to come)

http://www.kingashbay.com.au/

Norm C

norm,
    Just checked out the website mate and you should be very proud as it looks the goods, well done.

cheers from boony