Thread: Does anyone have advice on a good sounder ??

Does anyone have advice on a good sounder ??

When i brought my boat about 18th months ago it came with a Hummingbird 700 series Combo.So far ive already replaced the original transducer now the replacements shite itself. so im now looking for something decent that actually works any advice would be great. Main use would be moreton bay thanks scott

Re: Does anyone have advice on a good sounder ??

id love to hear anyone elses views on hummingbirds

mate maybe a 620 furuno or a 585 furuno.i have the 585 and it a great unit

+1 for the Furuno FCV 585.
    I'm the second to recommend it and i reakon i wont be the last.

Rosco and muddy cheers for the tip , i nearly threw the hummingbird over last week at murphies !!!!!

Another for the 585. The detail on the big screen is pretty valuable in some areas of the bay and mean the differance between getting a feed and coming home empty handed
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I'm going to vote for the furuno 620 as I reckon unless your going in deep water you won't need the extra power and the price is a fair bit less
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

I have still got a humminbird lcr400 which i got 20 years ago and is still working then upgraded to a matrix 17 never had a problem in 6 years now have a 798si it's by far the best i have had
    92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU,96 MU Wizard, 2014 MUX, 2019 DMAX
    Australia's loudest MU
    MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
    If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?

We have the Furuno 585 and can't fault it, an awesome unit.

Garmin no1

Get the Furuno 620. I have one and mostly fish the bay. Excellent sounder. The electronics is the same as the 585, just a smaller screen and significantly cheaper. I have also used it offshore to 100m and it was great.

Is it a glass boat? If yes, then maybe look at a shoot through hull transducer from Airmar. That is what I have. Once set up, you never have transducer problems again. Nothing outside the boat. Unless you didn't tighten it properly and the mineral oil leakes out. Happened to me once, but that was 3 years ago and no issues since.

You can then just use the hummingbird as your GPS full screen. And a backup sounder.

hi Cheech
    thanks mate for reply i think your on the money 620 looks good and use the hummingbird for the gps

thnaks scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    Get the Furuno 620. I have one and mostly fish the bay. Excellent sounder. The electronics is the same as the 585, just a smaller screen and significantly cheaper. I have also used it offshore to 100m and it was great.

Is it a glass boat? If yes, then maybe look at a shoot through hull transducer from Airmar. That is what I have. Once set up, you never have transducer problems again. Nothing outside the boat. Unless you didn't tighten it properly and the mineral oil leakes out. Happened to me once, but that was 3 years ago and no issues since.

You can then just use the hummingbird as your GPS full screen. And a backup sounder.

One Word!......Humminbird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

You forgot the other two words LS

Need demisters !!!!!

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

little skipper

i have a 788c great gps shite sounder i call it the humminDOG
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    One Word!......Humminbird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk