Thread: Reccomend me a sounder

Reccomend me a sounder

hi all,

I have a $100 eagle sounder thats 5 years old,reads the depth alright,thats about it i reckon,it shows fish everywhere on it when its turned on,im sure its not working properly.

can any one reccomend a sounder/fish finder,i fish mainly estuary.

downside is,i aint rich and can only afford around $300.

Re: Reccomend me a sounder

Save some more cash and look at a garmin400c.........have a look around on line while the $ is back up.

Dan

Also on ebay keep a look out for someone who is upgrading and selling a good one secondhand.

Why don't you try & get the existing one working to its best capability you might be pleasantly surprised.
    I had a poverty pack Eagle that came with a boat about 15 years ago and it was fine for river & bay fishing.
    I wouldn't bother going from a $100 to $300 sounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    Why don't you try & get the existing one working to its best capability you might be pleasantly surprised.
    I had a poverty pack Eagle that came with a boat about 15 years ago and it was fine for river & bay fishing.
    I wouldn't bother going from a $100 to $300 sounder.
    yeah,i know its not much in value,but im thinking with technology these days,like laptop computers,they have realy improved over the years,and $300 ish would get me a colour screen,stronger transducer and more accurate showings of fish and bait balls,instead of a stack of llittle fish symbols that is probably weed or debris on my old eagle.

i have found a Garmin 400c in US on ebay,that have been remanufactured with 2 year warranty for $280 delivered.