Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 63cm Mangrove Jack! They keep on coming!

63cm Mangrove Jack! They keep on coming!

Went out tonight with a good mate fishing for jacks and anything that pulls some line. We fished a few spots before hitting our favorite. It was looking to be a slow night, but first cast at old faithful the Gloomis and core 50mg were screaming. Heavy drag and a lot of thumb pressure managed to turn this fish... just. It then did a big run like a 90cm thready would into open ground. Boy was I lovin' that. After another minute of frantic drag runs and gaining line kyle said: 'I think its 65cm plus' (lol troy) as it surfaced to show the true size of this beast.

Comfort lift it onto the concrete and a quick measure, a few photos and it went off to fight another day. Only to have our very next cast get destroyed. Kyle then had a real battle on his hands but after a solid minute of brutal runs the 20lb leader wore through.

Still, fish of a life time for me. Don't think ill beat this in the wild for quite some time. Pretty stoked.

Enjoy

Re: 63cm Mangrove Jack! They keep on coming!

thats a cracker in anyones books, well done young fella
    cheers swano

Yep it just keeps gettin better enjoy!

Nice jack there mate its good to know there starting to come on .can't wait to get my first for the season

Great Catch , well done ,would be happy with that for sure ...good to see a catch and release too

Beast of a jack mate! Well done!!

...hehe Im sure you'll be getting requests for brag mat pic soon enough

Mick

thats a cracker stotty , he should be out on the reef. congrats.

Lol pretty sure i didnt call 65+ this time....but i did say "thats a fukn big fish".

No need for a brag mat shot, anyone who has half a clue can tell thats a big fish from the shots provided.

Again congrats mate, it was cool seeing it all unfold.

Ps the highlight of the night was meating troy and jason, i can just tell we will all be best friends in no time lol.
    The whirlwind is in the thorn tree, and its hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

That's huge Stotty well done, that will be hard to beat.
    Marty.

lol sounds like you got the snake tug, payed off for sure, thats a beast of a jack.

Nice fish.. was it land based?

Cheers

Top jack, well done.

Great fish stotty, and you released it, be very proud fella..

absolute beast mate... man what a way to start the season.. well done on the release also, be very hard to beat that one this year, that for sure..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Well the bench mark has be set, who will be jack master for this year??