Thread: Airmar transducer.

Airmar transducer.

Hi all,

Can you flip up the airmar transducer's?
    The family is taking the boat away on an Island camping trip and I cant find anything in the manual? Any help would be great.
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

Re: Airmar transducer.

They make a lot of different models. A model number or pic might help. If you are worried about beaching the boat and the transducer doesn't flip, I'd suggest fitting a sliding transducer mount. They're cheap and handy.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbouy View Post
    Hi all,

Can you flip up the airmar transducer's?
    The family is taking the boat away on an Island camping trip and I cant find anything in the manual? Any help would be great.
    The current P66 flips up with a bit of force!!
    Regards Frank

Pritty sure it is a P66. It's feeding a JRC FF60. Force is the answer? Must need a good pull, cos I was pussy footing around with it. Cheers.
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

I have a p66 and mine seems to flip with a slight move almost is to loose,it clicks in place as i lift it up ,do you recon i have put it together incorectly .
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Rob have you got the locking piece on top of the transducer? My first one was loose like that its now sitting somewhere between the cape and Bulwer.

Good one marto78 thanks for that hmmm it seems thanks to you bringing it to my attention the reason i have slop in the clicks is because i have the mounting bracket up the wrong way .
    All soughted now mate thanks again.
    MORE SILLICONE.
    Shut up and fish

Always pays to flip up your transducer on any long haul or dirt road run, I have totalled two transducers to rock impacts whilst towing. One heading into Stanage Bay, the other coming home from 1770 before the road was sealed.
    Jack.