http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...trailer-theft/

I left my car there the next day.....
    randell

Re: trailer gone sunny coast

Scum it makes me sick to the core.
    the poor old fella.

Dean

I hope someone reads the article and has a trailer to offer him. What a kick in the guts.

I'll bet it is a collapsible as these are magnets for thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I hope someone read the article and has a trailer to offer him. What a kick in the guts.
    Maybe we can all chip in some $$ for the 'ol fella. Maybe the Mods here can also come up with some idea of getting the $$ together and the legalities of doing it. I'm sure that with the number people on this site we can come up with a reasonable amount for the guy to get himself a second hand trailer.

Cheers
    Vince
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

I wonder if the old fella has any insurance??
    I reckon it should be law to beat these bastards senseless if anyone sees them in the act of thieving something or defacing somebody else's property.
    Also think that every boat ramp should have security cameras located high in the car parks to catch these shitheads. Seems they can place security cameras on most pedestrian crossings these days, why not in high crime areas like boat ramps?
    Jack.

what a prick, bad enough to have to replace the trailer, but the frig around of getting the boat home and not going fishing untill its replaced, insured or not. i always put a trailer lock on mine cause of the fear of being stolen, i have insurance but i think the hasle of it all would be worse.

i agree jack a good ol floggin would make them think twice.

lol randell just leave the keys on the front seat.. i need a new car too, hmmm.

jp

Insurance is the best way to not be out of pocket for this. A coupling lock may have also been a good defence against these low life's. What deterrent did this old guy have

Camera's......... the police are too busy putting camera's up on intersections to catch us for red light and speed infringements due to the cost effectiveness of them. You know....How it slows us down, not the revenue generated.
    Camera's would deter some petty criminals and general thieves and I reckon this sort of crime at ramps would virtually be eliminated. No revenue in that but and that is where it all ends IMO

Cheers
    Chris

Just makes you shake your head and wonder why, i dont get it,

Ive often wondered what the hell would you do if you returned and no trailer? and if you have a glass boat or a big platey i dont think getting a towie out to drop it on your front lawn is an option.
    Tangles KFC

Ausfish Platinum Member

I'm all in for putting something together for the old chap, luv to be part of the discipline regime for the convicted too.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

I couldn't figure how to contact the moderator about a colection, or raffle......
    Maybe he has viewed the thread?
    randell

Quote Originally Posted by randell View Post
    I couldn't figure how to contact the moderator about a colection, or raffle......
    Maybe he has viewed the thread?
    randell
    Its a bit much to ask the mods or Steve to organize such things. All their work on here is voluntary and they are busy enough as it is.

Organizing it yourself may be easier. Not having a go at all either as the hearts in the right place. Perhaps someone has done something for him already?

cheers JJ

this is sad to see, ill be happy to throw in some money.

It's the Word TRUST here. Someone who has time just volunteer and we will deposit money in your bank account. Once all the funds are received you take him to buy a trailer. $10 is just 1 days lunch or a fraction for some.

I'll give him a call and see how things are going....
    nice shed....
    randell