Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trailer gone sunny coast

Re: trailer gone sunny coast

i think if you keep it all above board and transparent for all to see it should be ok. i dont think the authorities are going to put you in prison for helping an ol codger out.
    a raffle would be the go. hat,stubby cooler, reel or a combo, something thats us full and wanted but nothing outrageously expensive, we are trying to Rais money.
    have a thread dedicated to this with a person nominated as treasurer (money holder).
    target of ?($1000)? prize ?($180)? p&h plus sundries ?($20)? total $1200- 100 tickets @ $12 each.
    if you want a ticket put your name up on the thread and forward the $12 to a bank account to the TRUSTED ausfish member. each entrant gets a number and at the end when the target is reached, the TRUSTED ausfish member draws a number from a “hat” and forwards the prize to the winner. now if its transparency you want the draw could be filmed and put up for all to see.
    just a thought if everyone was serious.

jp

OK I called John this morning, the trailer was insured, and he has been paid out and bought a new trailer yesterday.......
    He also used the yellow canoe and has had the trailer modified to fit tinnie and canoe.
    He wished to thank forum members for the nice thoughts.................
    He said he doesn't catch that many fish, and might join the forum....................

His trailer was padlocked to his car............

randell

Nice thoughts by all, really glad that the old codger was insured and compensated.

But for the mongrel that took it. Your day will come, its called Karma. "May the fleas from a thousand camels infest your armpits?"

Or the old one "May you live in interesting time" meant that a lot of trouble comes your way.

It was a tribute to the members of this site, to consider and come up with ideas on replacement. Well done
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

All is wll that ends well, isn't that what they say?

However, how is this guy going to enjoy his fishing trips launching from the same ramp as he had the last trailer stolen? Where is his peace of mind, enjoying retirement fishing without the worry about some low- life doing it all over again?

I want to make a suggestion that does promote a product, but I do not have any interest in it except beleiving that the product is a great idea, because I own one myself. With a retail price of $169.00, I am pledging the 1st $30.00 toward buying one of these for him, to be fitted to the new trailer. Does anyone want to join me? If so, say so here, till we reach the value of the alarm. You can then PM me with your details and we go from there. If we don't reach the value, I don't care, I'll take the entire expense on myself. I will try to negotiate a better price naturally, and if more than sufficient funds are pledged I won't be taking any change - 1st in get to be a part of a worthy cause.. His story moved me when I read it, he deserves a peacful retirement.

http://www.cuda-alarms.com.au/

Randell, can you find out if this is of any interest to him, and let me know.

Cheers for now,

Scalem

Good point and good idea, I am happy to chip in.

i agree scalem, it would be in the back of your mind always. i dont know if i realy like the idea of that alarm, looks to me it could easily be kicked or bumped off, smashed, use a screw driver and take out the batteries. i think a simple hitch lock and a tow ball lock would do a better job at detering,slowing down a theif and at a quarter of the price. just a thought.

jp

Quote Originally Posted by jason p View Post
    i agree scalem, it would be in the back of your mind always. i dont know if i realy like the idea of that alarm, looks to me it could easily be kicked or bumped off, smashed, use a screw driver and take out the batteries. i think a simple hitch lock and a tow ball lock would do a better job at detering,slowing down a theif and at a quarter of the price. just a thought.

jp
    Thanks Anthony, I'm up to $90.00 inc you. JP, just breath on this puppy at it will squark at 103db. The alarm is not instead of the tow ball lock, it is in addition to the tow ball lock. So any would-be thief can have a go at it, find it really is more robust than at 1st thought, too late, it's already screaming because they have disturbed it.. then try the tow ball lock. I think a thief will likely move on by this stage. Find something a little easier to steal than this trailer.... Everyone has access to tow ball locks, and thieves can practice on dozens to get their technique just right... have the right crowbar etc.

Scalem

i will pitch in 30 because its for a good cause, but still think a simple hitch lock and a tow ball lock would suffice.

jp

Depends on what he wants, we have enough coin to buy the best quality tow ball lock there is. If Randell can tell us what he is happy with we will go with that.

Thanks !

Scalem

Hi Scalem,
    I PM'd you saturday with his address.
    I told John about your plan and convinced him to accept your gift.
    I told him about ausfish , mainly for tips and reports, he had a look and said he was a bit embarased reading about himself.
    He wished to thank you all.
    It has been a bit different to the usual lost/stolen posts...............
    thanks all
    randell

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Depends on what he wants, we have enough coin to buy the best quality tow ball lock there is. If Randell can tell us what he is happy with we will go with that.

Thanks !

Scalem
    When you are ready just pm me your bank details and I can transfer the money over.

I have been following this thread with interest. From the outset I wish to make the following absolutely clear. I am not advertising any product.
    Given the unique situation that "John" found himself in and also the kind promise of donations from a few Ausfish members I propose the following:

1. Funds secured by Ausfish members be utilised for the purchase of a hitch lock;
    2. I am more than happy to provide an alarm (note no brand mentioned) to "John" at no cost and I will also offer to arrange installation at a time suitable for both of us.

Randell, can you please check with John and confirm he is happy with this arrangement.
    Happy if you wish to PM me.

Angryant

well isnt the aufish fish crew something else,.

Quote Originally Posted by jason p View Post
    well isnt the aufish fish crew something else,.
    I suppose you never know when something is going to come from left field.

Thanks for your generousity Angryant, good timing, I was going to arrange some funds tranfers but had not got that far yet..... the only question is will I give my brother in law back his contribution

Thanks to all who messaged me, nice to know you don't need to go any further to get John an alarm, but I have to say there are some great people on Ausfish, make sure that if you see me in your travels, on the water, wherever, say gidday!

Scalem