Thread: 12v 7Ah low to full charge voltage

12v 7Ah low to full charge voltage

gday, i have a VRLA 12v 7Ah battery i use for various things but mostly my aerator. I was just casually wondering what would be the voltage range between flat and full charge? I charged it and it read 13.3v right after charging. i re tested it about half an hour later and it 12.89volts on the multimeter.

Re: 12v 7Ah low to full charge voltage

The best way to check the charge of a battery is to have it connected to a load (usually a lamp, but your aerator will work). The voltage off a charged battery will be around or just above 12volts. Once the battery gets down to around 11.5volts you should charge it again. A battery without a load will give a false reading. It is possible to have a battery with no load showing 12volts and as soon as a load is applied dropping to 10volts and not working very well, if at all.

Just be careful how much current you pump into the little battery when you charge it.
    They don't like much current.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Yeah ok, cheers. so 11.5 volts would be regarded as flat. they are usually between 12.1 to 12.9. I charge it on a 7 stage 16amp smart charger so it should regulate the current i presume....

yep, charging voltage always reads higher. it takes about 24 hours for voltage to stabilise after charging at which point it should read around 12.5 a normal lead acid shouldn't be used below 11.8v but a deep cycle can be depleted to as low as 20% but shouldn't be drained further if you want good battery life.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!