thief closer to being named

going to get more evidence thanks for your input

Re: thief closer to being named

to the police

or even fisheries
    and let them investigate

Photo of the car? Whats that gonna prove? You need pics of him or video in the act, then u MAY be onto something. Pic of the car only proves that he was at the boat ramp....if it was even he's car.

Cheers
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

I am breaking open the chips and plonk. This thread will good to watch.

I hope that you achieve a good result for all responsible fishos.

Next time you see him put your croc suit on and wait in the mangroves .
    NOW I,AM GUNNA EATCHA

Go to the cops and give them a statement. It will be your word against his so get some video or something to back you up. Or use him as bait which ever is easier :p

size 3 sinker...... slingshot. Thief Stop. Seriously need video evidence if wanting to go hell for leather and prosecute I would say but make a statement if you wanted to. It is just a sad state of affairs when people feel they have the right to open other peoples pots stealing crabs. Arrgghhh I guess drop a bessa-block with rope n float sit back and laugh.....

Where the hell does he hide the crabs XXXXXXXX??

Have a chat to the coppers at the local station and fisheries to see what they need and what they are prepared to do.

Seriously get video of him lifting your pots clearly marked. Have a mate in a boat down the creek and call the police while your mate follows. Ya mate needs a camera as he will probably dump them near the shore and only collect em when he is packed up and ready to leave.

Police can then nab him as he leave the ramp. Get the copper go up the river with you and pull your pots to prove they were yours and can't be seen as his.

Get police to get fisheries involved so they can go and check out his fridge.

Get this thread pulled down now so he doesn't get spooked.

Wouldn't want to see some innocent fitness freak get "helped" as there might be a few XXXXXXX around.

May all the people that know him find out what a scumbag he is.

If you knew whe was going it would be a treat to mark a few crabs with nail polish discretely , photograph em , drop em in so you could guarantee the prat gets done.

good luck

Fisheries sound like the best bet, then let them do their stuff and get on with life. The number plate should be enough for them to start and your report of his actions.

Cheers
    Chris

would you write him a nice letter and leave it on his windscreen next time he's down there? ide just prefer him to stop rather then taking it to all extremes.

You should have left him a note in the crab pot

"Hey mate the games up, I'm the one waving at you from the mangroves, please leave my pots alone."

Just enough to keep him thinking...

His journey back to the boat ramp would be enough time for him to imagine a few scenarios for the outcome.. lol
    The guy wouldn't know "when or where", just keep him guessing.

Its the subtleties that play on the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by justjack View Post
    would you write him a nice letter and leave it on his windscreen next time he's down there? ide just prefer him to stop rather then taking it to all extremes.

No way - why give this thief any warning that he has been sprung. Will just mean he will go on night raids then or be more careful.

If you are going to do nothing - do nothing. Might give someone else the chance to catch him at it or have him charged. The more brazen he gets the better chance he will end up off the water.

At least you have warned others to watch out for a bloke XXXXXXX witha bag of crabs. If police of fisheries confront him at the ranp or at his car a quick trip to the pots "he says he owns and got the crabs from " will show they are not his pots.

I'd love to write pot thief ad crab thief all over the car and in roundup on his front lawn but that would just lead back to your name and address on the pots he raided and would break some silly law that protects people who don't deserve protection. !!!!!

Don't do anything illegal -for hi own safety- do everyone a favour and get him nabbed.

Let all his tyres down next time he is out checking your pots, then while he is off chasing a compressor drill a couple of 100mm holes in his yak with a hole saw. That should fix the LOW LIFE PRICK!

Thats great your onto him mate,Low life scumbag .no as the boys above have said dont let him know your onto him.Thats to easy and he walks away laughing,thinking to himself,now i have to be more sneeky ,you need to make him cry like a baby .I recon if it was me i would cruize up along side him when hes emptied your pots you might need 2 of you grab the front of his ski thing and give it a skight twist then tow it way out to sea,after all its your word against his and what would he tell the copperslol .I recon he would have plenty of time to know that hes been sprung on his swim back to land. ahd you might even be able to get your crabs as hes flapping round in the drink.All the best what ever method you decide.
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish