Thread: How to download Lowrance gps waypoints

How to download Lowrance gps waypoints

Hi All,

I'm trying to download the gps waypoints from my Lowrance 7500 plotter. I can save them from the lowrance unit to an SD card as a "usr" file, however when I try to upload them onto my PC using GDM6 the software programme from Lowrance I get an error message "illegal longitude in line 2" . Any ideas on how to do it. I've sold my boat and want to save four years of "secret" fishing spots !

Re: How to download Lowrance gps waypoints

Mate, send JT a pm with these details and he will be able to talk you through it.

When you save the file onto the SD card, you get several options as to which version you wish to save them as. I think the correct version is version 2, but the simplest way is to save the file 3 times onto the SD card from the Lowrance -once each in each version, that way one of them will work fine with GDM.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Many thanks all, have now downloaded AND can get them up on my PC. Actually used "open GPS data file" instead of "import GPS data" which is what the programme tells me to do. Bizzare ! When next down on boat will see if I can save file in different version format, I don't remember that option, but will see. Thanks all though.