Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Ford Ranger XLT auto, test drive.

2012 Ford Ranger XLT auto, test drive.

I took the new 2012 XLT Ranger for a test drive on Thursday... Man they are a great rig and look better in the flesh then on paper. The 5 cylinder diesel has a different engine note when under load compared to other diesels I have heard and driven.. It sounds a bit like a tractor, and I don't mean that in a bad way, it the only way I could tink off to describe it's engine note. However it is very quiet and delivered it's torque with virtually no lag from a standing start. The ride and handling are as good as the D40 navara, maybe a bit better...
    The cabin is great and IMO the best on the market, for now. Seats are very comfortable and the back seats offer plenty off head and leg room for a 6'1 bloke..

What I did not like was the tow bar. It's huge and it sits low, reducing you departure angle by 5 degrees (approx).
    And the price... The XLT is 59'000 on road, and you do t even get a tourno
    cover.. At 60k I think there are better options then the ranger. Personally I would rather panel a GLX Pajeo, which has a smoother ride and a more refined interior.

Re: 2012 Ford Ranger XLT auto, test drive.

hey jabba,where did u drive it.am in the market for a new ute.am waiting for the mazda but the ford and mazda are the same ute.wouldn't mind havin a look at 1

Thanks for the report Jabba. Very curious to the 5 cylinder engine. Sounds like something Peugeot would have made.

How do we get 2012 model cars in September of 2011?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    hey jabba,where did u drive it.am in the market for a new ute.am waiting for the mazda but the ford and mazda are the same ute.wouldn't mind havin a look at 1
    I test drove at Sunshine Ford, Gold Coast.. Byrn Byrt Ford, brisbane have 2 in stock also... I want to see the Mazda also.. But going bu the pics on the Net, the Bt50 is one ugly looking ute.. But I will hold my judgment untill I see it...

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Thanks for the report Jabba. Very curious to the 5 cylinder engine. Sounds like something Peugeot would have made.

How do we get 2012 model cars in September of 2011?
    2012 model, 2011 built.. It happens also with motorbikes, outboard motors, jet ski's and so on... When a manufacture release's and all new model, it will usual be releasest around August, September, october, and it takes hold off the following year for it model.. Now Im confussed!

Yeah, I dont understand it either, it's just what they do..

I too am keen to check these new Rangers out as it looks like they have really raised the bar for dual cabs. Excellent towing capacity, heaps of room, great specs for the XLT but that price is not what they were plugging at the motorshow release. They have had them ready to release for a while now but haven't. The comp they are running giving some Aussies a chance to break one is on YouTube as well and that tow bar is an issue on the departure angle.

I am ditching the D4D Prado next June and won't look at a 150 series cause they look terrible. It will be either this or a Hi-lux SR5 but the 2500kg towing on the lux is disappointing to say the least given competitors.

Hi Jabba

The world's a strange place or maybe its just the car and truck market. Just back from OS and saw GMC Sierras for a low as high 15Ks plus tax ie about another 14 or 15% as there are trucks (and cars) sitting around in every city and small town looking for buyers. Honda Ridgeline trucks for sale at 35K with 10K off for straight sale and 0 % interest if you buy on finance.

Took these 150 pics in a small town I know well with a population of about 3500. Prices plus or minus 40 45 for loaded F150's with big discounts off as per the Honda.

Dodge Ram 2500 ST truck with a 5.7lt petrol from 25K or 6.7 lt Cummins diesel sell from mid 40Ks and up second hand a few yrs old for mid 30Ks http://www.dodge.ca/en/vehicle_home....c=2500_2500_ST

happy hunting.

Cheers
    Chimo
    pic3.jpgDSCF0098pic1.jpgDSCF0099pic2.jpg
    What could go wrong.......................

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    This may help a bit Rosco, they are 2011 models but gives a bit of insight. I am serioulsy looking at the DMax, mainly cos it will fit my needs (I am not a big off roader), I mainly want it good on sand (which is what the Isuzu did best) and price.

just went to bryan burt ford at mt gravatt.they had the blue xlt in the caryard out the front,good looking truck alot bigger than the model its replacing..was talking to a bloke there that drove it yesterday was a 6speed manual said it was 50k drive away with abn number and the 4x2 model was44k drive away

50k driveway is a far cry from what I was quoted. Was that price the XLT 4x4

yeah mate with an abn number.will go in maybe tomorrow for a price check but this is what the bloke quoted me who drove it yesterday.maybe even have a drive of 1

I am up for a test drive too.

The Colorado has now hit 100,250k's ( yes 2 years and 2 months old )

50K will do me as that is still better than a Lux, whose tow is 2500 and payload.... 500kg ????

anyway.

I would look at the XL PX.

check out the standard equip.

diff locks
    cruise control etc etc

http://www.redbook.com.au/new-cars/d...d=13051D53A50A

and a RRP of 46K. which I reckon I could knock 5 - 6 k off that.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

lucky phill,
    boss just bought the new sr5 hilux for 52k plus the alloy tray drive away...this is the latest model just released,so not alot between the 2 really.would have to take in the goodies u get with each ute

we just received one here at Nova Ford with a few more on the way,,, currently going through PD but it'll be ready for driving by this arvo

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE