Thread: I Messed up the calibration on my EP60r fuel Sensor HELP!!

I Messed up the calibration on my EP60r fuel Sensor HELP!!

Hi all,

My EP60r fuel sensor was working great, then I tried to make it work even better by trying to calibrate it . It is now saying I use about 3 times more fuel than I actually use. I tried resetting the HDS 5 to default, but that was no help. Does anybody know how I can reset the callibration to the original value(default) ? I have also not upgraded the HDS software to version 4(as I have read it stuffs up the accuracy of the fuel flow meter) should I do this now ?

Re: I Messed up the calibration on my EP60r fuel Sensor HELP!!

If you go into your network menu and uninstall the EP 60 and then re-install it, it will reset to the original settings.

You didn't do anything wrong. I have proven that there is a fault in the HDS software's fuel calibration equation and have brought it to Lowrances attention. It causes exactly the problem that you have outlined. Until they fix it, You will either have to be satisfied with the results that you get without calibrating it, or do what I did: borrow a LMF gauge and do the calibration process with that. But if you're within 5% i would leave it alone!

Do us a favour though please: call Lowrance and tell them about the problem and that you are aware that this is a problem with the HDS software, and ask them to please make sure it gets fixed. The more of us who complain, the better chance we have of them fixing it!

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thanks Moonlighter, will let them know.

Update 4 introduced the calibration constant error, so if you have 3.x stay with that version for a while if you can.

do a search in the eloectronics forum, I posted a how to do it link, but the basic premise is to remove and re-add the device as Moonlighter has mentioned.

Once you get back to your starting point then you can start to re-calibrate it.

Regards
    Honda.