Thread: navman4600 problems

navman4600 problems

I have a navman 4600 that i have had for 12months run out stock from ebay so was not to dear however it has been working great up until a few weeks ago when fishing it turned itself off saying low power or simaler so i checked the battery and the cells were low.
    so I unhooked the battery and filled it with demineralized water and charged it up reinstalled the battery into the boat hooked up the lights, bilge and charger to the motor as well as the sounder checked the lights and bilge worked and did not bother to check the sounder next time i went fishing the sounder would not turn on , i have checked the inline fuse and put another one in it.
    it is like there is no power getting to the head unit any idea,s what else i can check before i take it to a dealer and see if it powers up using one of there connections before i send it for repair if they have parts as it is a run out model

shane

Re: navman4600 problems

I had a problem with my Navman 4500, and hit the power and transducer cables at the rear of the unit with contact cleaner in a spray can fron Dick Smith( as suggested by Bigjimg).Fixed the problem,a small bit of corrosion was the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    I had a problem with my Navman 4500, and hit the power and transducer cables at the rear of the unit with contact cleaner in a spray can fron Dick Smith( as suggested by Bigjimg).Fixed the problem,a small bit of corrosion was the culprit.
    I sprayed inox on them to see if that helts as there was a minute bit of corrosion on 1 plug

shane

Buy some Electronic circuit board cleaner from Jaycar (called Servisol) or Dick Smith.It says on the can it removes flux and contaminents with solvents safe for use on plastic.Inox is not much more than Kero I think.I have also used it on the air flow meter in the Subaru(cause they are $1200 for a new one),worked a treat.