Thread: Newbie but been here for a long time

Newbie but been here for a long time

Hi, My name is Ray, I joined this site years ago and forgot about it until recently I was searching for a good fishing site and forum and come accross this one again. I am a keen angler fishing qld waters for the last 30 years in boat and landbased. Since I was 4 years old lol. I am looking forward to contributing to this excellent forum in any way I can. I have been fishing the waters in Hervey Bay and around a little around Morton bay most my life, but unfortunately I am now in a terrible place called rockhampton where there is nothing but fork tailed catfish and undersized freshwater barra and eels lol. I am looking forward to moving back down to Brisbane when our lease expires here and fish in my old haunts for flathead, jewfish and Threadfin. I also look forward to learning from you guys more about freshwater fishing as that is something I never really got into but would like to get into more.
    Cheers,
    Ray

Re: Newbie but been here for a long time

welcome Ray.. plenty of helpfull people on here buddy.. best site for fishing in QLD hands down..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Re: Newbie but been here for a long time

Good one Ray still plenty of big flathead Mulloway and stonker threadies to be had in the Brisbane river.
    In the boat and land-based pulls quite a few too

Make sure you get a castnet because lives baits are the go for big fish, should be some big prawns around .