Thread: How do I insert someone else's lowrance marks into my lowrance

How do I insert someone else's lowrance marks into my lowrance

My mate has a Lowrance chartplotter ( I think 5C)
    I have a HDS8
    Question is; how do I insert his card into my HDS8 (which has 2 card slots) so I can bring his marks into my sounder for our long awaited fishing trip in a few weeks time
    It may be an easy answer but I cant find it in the manuals.
    many thanks

Re: How do I insert someone else's lowrance marks into my lowrance

"HDS import waypoints
    Select Pages, Utilities, Files, My files or Memory card, the .usr file, Menu, and Import

HDS Export waypoints to a card
    Select Pages, Utilities, Files, Waypoints, Routes, and Trails, Menu, Export, select the version you prefer, Select destination. "

Make sure you take out the mapping card as i get confused which card it is so you don't accidentally wipe the mapping.

Deano

stole the info off Doctor Sonar
    http://www.hightechfishing.com/importexport.html

When saving the marks from your mate's GPS, take out the mapping card in his GPS and put in a blank card, and save the waypoints to that. Then take it out, put it into your HDS, and upload as per instructions above.

It is very important that you NEVER save anything to the map card, there is a real risk of damaging the map file and that is not covered by warranty.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

You are pretty safe with saving waypoints onto the Navonics card by mistake. I have done it with no adverse affects and it a good second and third backup for me and my points. You'll only fit a few files on it though. Throw in 2xblank SD cards, my computer and a couple of external hard drives my marks are backed up in a few places.

Hi Smithy

I too have saved the file (accidentally) to the map card without subsequent dramas, but I have also seen first hand where, as I watched a friend do the same thing, it wiped the map file off a card altogether. So rather be safe and use a separate card than be very, very sorry!

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....