Thread: Culling Carp

Culling Carp

Hey guys again i went out yesterday and a few people had asked me why not go cull a pest species such as talapia or carp. Just wondering where i could find them in south east queensland region as i have carp and talapia in the local lake and seen them wipe out all the native species and just multiply like crazy yet you cannot take them from the lake.. But yeah back to the question if you know some place hours drive or so from brisbane id definately be appreciative. As to do my small part in trying to kill off a pest species

cheer grant

Re: Culling Carp

i have carp and talapia in the local lake and seen them wipe out all the native species and just multiply like crazy yet you cannot take them from the lake

Easy, dont take them, just leave them on the bank like we are supposed to.............

SURELY NO-ONE could object to your doing your bit for the health of this waterway?????

Muzz

Re: Culling Carp

Just a little heads up. Can't spearfish in fresh water in some Australian states and territories. Couldn't tell you which ones off the top of my head.
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!