Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Re: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

This hot bite lasted for just over an hour, which is when wehad caught 15 legal reds one after the other. We lost 4 bigger fish in between and with re-rigging and the sharkdelays this made for a legal red coming on board at every four minute interval. That is hard work! but hey - someone has tobe lucky enough to do it.... J

When we reached our bag limit of reds, we elected to moveoff the spot, in a hope to find some red throats or other species for theremainder of the night. Pulling up thatanchor was one of the hardest things I did all week, to leave a once in a lifetime hot bite of reds nearly brought a tear to our eyes, but we were absolutelystoked with the trip at that stage with one esky full of 100+kgs of redemperors.

We moved a couple mile and thankfully did not catch anotherlegal red for the night, (did I just say that?) and the couple of trout we gotafter a few hours camp when the sun came up, just had us grinning all the wayback to the ramp.

Well that afternoon was a couple of beers back at home, anda 3 hour afternoon sleep to recharge the body batteries. After taking some pictures we cleaned thefish that night, and we continually were pinching ourselves with the quality offish we had caught, just to be sure that we were not dreaming.

Sunday was another glassed out day, so the whole familyheaded out 20 miles from the hill for a day sightseeing for dolphins and whaleswith the kids. We trolled a spread ofskirts over the 4 and 6 mile areas without any interest. Jesse and Abby loved the dolphins and whalesthat we managed to come across while heading out. We fished for a few hours landing some parrotfish, hussar, and one lonely bar cheek trout, which topped off the whole weekfor us. Brodie drove the boat home at 25knots in the oily flat seas.

Monday morning we packed up the house and returned to ourhome town around lunch time. The kidswere singing songs as we drove back down the highway and were reminding meabout the fish they had caught, the dolphins and the whales, the ski tubing,the sand castles on the beach, the kangaroos we had each morning on our backlawn, and the regular visits from a scrub turkey they named Terri...

I posted on Ausfish before we went last week, “let’s makesome great memories”.... Ladies andgentlemen, I believe we have. Cheers Everyone, until next year, may your dreamsbecome your memories... Best wishes - Kevin and the family.[/QUOTE]

Kev,
    Mate that is a bloody fantastic effort and a great read. well done. truly the champion catch throughout the week. My missus said to apologise that she didn't give your missus a ring because when she went to the mobile number was in my phone which was out at sea with me. We will make a beach date next year for the kiddies though you can carry the esky

once again great pics of not only the fish but the kiddies getting involved as well. you should be a truly proud parent.

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Agnes Water/1770 M&G SHIRTS

I have been asked by a few people for extra shirts so if you missed out or want one let me know and we will work them out

there is the long sleeve fishing style and the dark Navy Blue Polo

hope everyone is happy with the shirts

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post

I have been asked by a few people for extra shirts so if you missed out or want one let me know and we will work them out

cheers Murf
    Shirts were awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post

cheers Murf
    Murf those shirts are wicked, the fishing shirt goes above and beyond, awesome! Oh i need to flick you a couple more dollars I didnt catch up with you again

Josh
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Well ive gone from a great fishing week to been stuck in Lithgow NSW this week, man we have the fricken heater on!!!!!....not cool.

As a result my trip report will have to wait, but for those who are interested here is a quick video of a pod of dolphins we found around the inside of Sykes reef in about 9m of water, we came across a pod of about 70-90ish dolphins, a good handful came ad played with us at the boat, simply awesome.

Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Quote Originally Posted by four_button_arnie View Post
    Well ive gone from a great fishing week to been stuck in Lithgow NSW this week, man we have the fricken heater on!!!!!....not cool.

As a result my trip report will have to wait, but for those who are interested here is a quick video of a pod of dolphins we found around the inside of Sykes reef in about 9m of water, we came across a pod of about 70-90ish dolphins, a good handful came ad played with us at the boat, simply awesome.
    Team White Rihno came across a simlar size pod east of Fitzroy, pretty sure Marty go some Dolphin action as well ! Well the clean type of action anyway !

Marty got some dolphin action eh?.....oh well, at least they're warm blooded

Looking forward to viewing all the video footage taken by all you guys . I noticed Marty (Team White Rhino) , while not only giving us help and support and keeping our sense of humor alive in our time of need was holding a flash looking video camera .
    Thanks again Marty .

Kev

Just knocked up the video's and pics from the trip. Just remember I was by myself but it turned out ok. Some behaviour is questionable from being out solo at sea though Thoughts and feedback appreciated. cheers from boony

currently trying to fix up vide....sorry
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".

mmmm better change the music background.... doh !
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Boony it wont let me watch your video m8

Quote Originally Posted by buggerit View Post
    Looking forward to viewing all the video footage taken by all you guys . I noticed Marty (Team White Rhino) , while not only giving us help and support and keeping our sense of humor alive in our time of need was holding a flash looking video camera .
    Thanks again Marty .

Kev
    Kev,
    No filming on your boat as I felt bad in time of crisis, but there is other footage.

Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty will put up some footage and photos on Team Rihnos behalf.

Thought i'd post this up taken from my iflat out at Fitzroy Lagoon on the Thursday

Never seen it like that before Black Rat

hey fella's can you tell me if this video works or not. Youtube is f**king me around over copyright stuff with the background music.

cheers from boony