Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Re: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

And so it ends, the 2011 M&G is all over for another year, my first year but definately not my last.Team Muddytoes got up there a few days early on the Thursday to overnight at Musgrave Thursday night.Having never really fished up there before it looked like we were going to do alright with a few nice RTE, spangled, kingies and trout coming over the side.
    Sunday comes and its back out to the South East corner of Musgrave to try and duplicate the past days efforts.Fishing started a bit slow on Sunday as the seas and winds were pretty uncomfortable until the afternoon with only a couple of RTE and a stray tuskie finding there way into the esky.So with the wind settling down a bit later in the day we decided to move over to the Stuart Shoals area for a dig.But it was never to eventuate.
    My motor fired up just fine but when i went to put it into gear it would just cough and fart and stall.The bloody thing was only just serviced 3 days ago.So here we were frigging around with the motor when the boys on Outsider came over and offered to tow us into the lagoon to try and get some help which i declined on because by that stage it looked as though our only option was to get a tow back to Round Hill.So the call of shame was put out to VMR Round Hill for a tow back.At that stage the VMR had already got their hands full with a spearo that had his engine on fire so it was going to be a bit of a wait until they got there.Not to get too down about our predicament we started fishing again while we waited and put a few nice RTE in the esky between visits from Rob Tranter checking up on us and seeing if we were ok.
    6:30 comes around and the rescue boat is along side going through the plan of attack and not long after we are under way.For those who are interested it was a 3000 Noosacat with twin 225 Yammies on the back and towed my 24ft glass boat at 32km/h for a fuel consumption of 114L/H.With the price of fuel up at the harbour this all equates to $560.00 of fuel used to get us back from Musgrave.
    After the bill was paid on Monday it was a full day of trying to diagnose the problem over the phone with my mechanic here in Brisbane with no luck.Couldn't get the boat looked at in Bundy or Gladstone so that was the end of our reef fishing exploits for the week apart from a great day out with Phill on Friday.
    All was not lost though, we spent the other days land based fishing around the area and having a look around the national parks, there's some pretty nice country up there.
    For the rest of the week i kept getting phone calls from Marty Seaweed to either tag along on his boat or he was trying to find other boats that needed deckies for day trips so we didn't totally miss out.Thank you very much mate i greatly appreciate it, top effort.
    While i'm doing the thanks round i also want to thank the two Robs for their help in our hour of need, Roz for here fabulous cooking and hospitality, Murf for the shirts, Phill for the day out on Friday and for organising the whole thing and for his concern throughout the whole week.Great bunch of people, thank you guys.
    So now i've got the arduous task of getting my motor fixed, selling it and buying a 300 hp Yamaha to put on the back.This week was just the excuse i needed to replace 'The Deckie'.
    Why have i named my motor the deckie?????
    Because it came all the way to Agnes Water, drunk like a fish for the first few days and told me to F@#K OFF!!!!!!!
    Until next time this is MuddyTOWS standing by on 82.

The 2011 Ausfish Annual Agnes Water / 1770 M & G has been run and won.

From my perspective.

With an official 61 people in attendance, this was by far the largest turnout since the inaugural Meet & Greet in 2005 or was it 2004 ??? way too long ago to remember.

The usual suspects again proving a hit with the newbys and certainly everyone advancing the friendly atmosphere. Dizzying heights were reached by Black_Rat with a marathon session lasting well over 30hrs and in fact I believe chicksloveit also chimed in with monsters effort.

Friday night at the Tavern was a crowded affair with many locals taking advantage of the raffles and also a few Spearos up their for a Comp.

The weather was good and I got out 4 times all up. The Thursday and Friday ( last days of the M & G ) were definitely the best and a couple more days after that were also looking great.

A big thanks to the VMR for their assist, not only keeping an ear out for us, but also for the tow back of 2 Ausfish vessels. The skippers skills proved valuable.

To Roz and Tony for letting a few of us share their house and company, Thanks again.

To all the new people I met, it was a pleasure.

Some interesting folks out there in Ausfish land when ya meet them face to face.

There were a few PB's and firsts for the trip by many of us and my 8.87kg Blue Maori was a cracker

A special thanks to the bloke at 1770- Tyre & Mechanical for his honest dealings which was appreciated by me ( puncture repair ) and Anthony ( borrowing equip to fix small issue ).

To the cat ( Terminator ) who drove straight at us in the middle of the ocean and anchored within 30 mtrs of us directly in our drift line........... may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.. or........ why ?. Just why ?

The cook-off........ wow, big night and no losers there at all.

Special mention to marvin ( Kev ) for bringing his family up and to XtremeBoony for doing the same. Good to meet Amanda, Breeanna and Brooklyn and good to catch up again with Kev's family, Margie, Jesse, Brodie and Abby.

Muddytoes and Buggerit had an expensive trip with motor issues ( no, not E-Tecs, they were both Mercs ), and VMR tows, but I am, sure they will return for another crack at 1770 offshore piscatorial predators.

I believe Roz has a lot of good pics to be posted up as I took limited ones.

Now, I have a pair of steel cap boots in my possession ( may be peterbo3's ? ), a towel ( maybe robtarr ), butt cap & reading glasses ( thedeckie ) other stuff. Sorry NEWBY, your Coronas have found a new home .

I also have about 30 kgs of mullet fillet left in my freezer. It is packed into ( about ) 1kg bags, salted down and for sale. $3.00/kg. You must take minimum 10kgs. PM for details.

I am now looking forward to the other reports and pics. From what I hear, marvin topped the point scoring ( so to speak ) with a boat load of reds and other fish. Well done.

Fuel economy worked out at 1.56k's per litre for the week ( over 550k's ) 6.2 platey with a 2003 Honda 130HP four banger ( 4 blade solas prop ). The Colorado towing figures were 14.9ltrs / 100.

cheers LP.
    ><> ><> ><> ><>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

so it's all over ay fella's.....so whats the count now for 2012 M & G??? around 365 to go BITCHEZZZZ

I am currently sitting at the gold coast after driving here yesterday for the mother in laws 50th. The sea was flat as and I had to leave paradise and come here I expressed my dissapointment on the 6 hour drive to the missus. But thanks to everyone involved in getting the M & G so awesome you should take a bow Met alot of great people throughout the week and won't forget the last overnighter at boult with Mine09 (george) was a great laugh and a few fish to go with as well. We will be back next year and might try and organise a bigger boat

Quick report on the last trip which was the overnighter thursday night. Filled up on livies thursday morning along side white rhino. Headed to similar marks near boult in the 60m range. All hell broke loose to start with. Legal pearly straight up, busted off twice then a stinkin AJ about 8kg then things went quiet. Moved from mark to mark and a steady flow of fish coming in including a nice red about 5-6kg, stonker pearly about 65cm long and a slightly smaller pearly.

Scored a maori cod at night then the sharks moved in, no night reds which sucked balls.
    Pulled up in behind boult for the night next to mine09 and scored a nice red throat about 53cm a few hussar and a moses. Should have stayed shallow the next morning as the mine09 crew scored some more red throat and trout. I went deep for a few drifts and got squat. Had to pull out and head home early. Sat on 45km/h on the way home in my CC. Geez it was flat. Got some weird looks pulling out early at the boat ramp. I do have a small bit of solo video that i will post later.

By xtremeboony at 2011-09-17
    Nice schoolie. Not a bad self timer pic

PB pearlie of 65cm. another self timer pic

overall effort

cracking pearlies.

So thanks again to everyone and bring on 2012. Make sure to bring your families this time so I don't feel so bad

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoony View Post
    so it's all over ay fella's.....so whats the count now for 2012 M & G??? around 365 to go BITCHEZZZZ

cheers from boony
    mate you are a champion being in a 4.8m CC tinny well done for your efforts solo, you are a fishing machine haha

cheers Murf

Top effort boony, in my book you were the fisherman of the M&G
    Why;
    willingness to share info
    fishing solo out of a 4.8m CC tinny
    quality of fish caught
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Well here's my side of the story.

Firstly
    Boonie... what is that fine woman doing with you?????, I fail to see the attraction
    Mate you fished hard and fished well, good on ya.

As usual the tavern was on fire.

Me personnally
    AS per normal, I had a pharking ball.
    My boat went well as usual, with a "GOOD" Merc, you others must have bought lemons No I feel for all that had engine trouble, lets hope you clear it up.

On the fishing side, I was on par with numbers, but up in quality.

Thanks to team "CAN'T" (needs another A) for a great group of blokes to share a house with.
    Met a lot of great people, got to appreciate a few blokes wives (looking only)

Phill
    throw next years dates up now so I can book that Tranquil place asap

Thanks again to all, although I fail to see why some of you keep telling ME to be on my best behaviour because your bringing your bride/family. I have both of those, and enough trouble with them, so why would I misbehave with yours

Cheers
    Formally Rob T
    Now
    Red "C"
    make your own mind up what it stands for

Attachment 71549 Attachment 71548Attachment 71547Attachment 71546 Attachment 71545Attachment 71544
    Hey guys, what a great week for my first ausfish meet and greet, and won't be my last. Met some great and funny people such as Boony, who we overnighted with at the reef (had some great laughs Boony) have to do it again next year, Cheech and Chong Charters (Joy), Lucky Phill with 2 L's (who made sure I had dinner Tuesday night) , Mad (Ooppss.... run out of fuel with a 4 stroke) Mackeral, and Radio Man (what a talent).... just to mention a few. Had a ball with Team Bimini Twist (Josh n Brad) cant wait until next year! (the team that drove the boat more than they fished) The photo's are from Thursday night overnighter

Cheers George.....Rogeeey.....over...over
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo5.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	71550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	71551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	71552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.JPG 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	71553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.JPG 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	71554  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	71555  

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Just like to say thanks to madmackrel, horse and bigjig(radioman) for a fantastic week. Captain cook holiday village had a great bunch of ausfishers staying there. Was great to meet bull1, wasted wages, tinshacks, darren, kev and everyone else that stayed there.

I must say a big thanks to phill for organising a great week away, murph for some great shirts and to all the guys that gave us some marks to try.

Fishing was a bit slow compared to others but for our first trip we did ok, cant wait to meet up with all you guys down here.
    Cheers graeme

P.S a big thank you to mine09 for coming to the rescue friday when we made a bit of a miscalculation..
    Too easy Cobiaman....my pleasure,got to see radioman in action

Mate, he was on fire all week!

Attachment 71557Attachment 71556A couple pics Cheers Bull/Brett
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-09-2011 at 10:10 AM.

cant see those photos brett

Ok were do i start. A big thanks to Cobiaman, Big Jig (radio man ) and Horse, my crew for the week. Things discovered over the trip, Cobiaman:Bull must be somesort of relation they look to much alikeBig Jig (radioman)Has the talent to be on the radio and the head for radioHorse:sleeps with a circle hook under his ass whilst on the boat, must be some sort of superstition and dont let him near the oven with jigheads.Lucky Phill , Murf and anybody else who was involved in the organizing of this event a massive thanks guys.To Mine 09, thanks a million for the help mate (ran out of fuel just outside the bar). It was a pleasure to have met you all and am looking tonext years do.
    We didnt bring home any trophy fish but still managed to bring home a heap of fillets and have a good time.
    Thanks to White rhino (Marty ), Tinshack (Carl) and Darren for some marks.Buggerit (Kev)mate glad you got things sorted and was rewarded with some nice fish. Bull 1(Brett) and Steven thanks for the raft up and brekky guys .
    To all your blood is worth bottling except maybe Deckies Lol
    Wasted Wages , Bull1 and White rhino we will have to get together for a fish down here guys and anyone else who is keen.
    PS Took some of Chongs balls home from the cook off for further investigation and found theseAttachment 71576
    Last edited by madmackrel; 19-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.

more pics, hope it works this time
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2727.jpg 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	71586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2732.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	71587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2736.jpg 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	71588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2772.jpg 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	71589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	71590  

more pics ,the crabs are what i found in chongs balls

Name:	IMG_2720.jpg 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	71591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2704.jpg 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	71592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2697.jpg 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	71593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2671.jpg 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	71594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2668.jpg 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	71595  

Name:	IMG_2654.jpg 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	71596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2653.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	71597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2690.jpg 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	71598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2651.jpg 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	71599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2739.jpg 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	71600  

Name:	IMG_2665.jpg 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	71601  

From reading all the posts leading up to the M&G I wasn't quite sure what I was in for but have to say it exceeded my expectations on all levels. Big thanks to Phill and everyone involved for organising the event, Murf for the shirts, Roz for the toasted sandwiches and putting us up Fri night, Fishfeeder my deckie - only guy I know that can snore within 5 breaths of his head hitting the pillow - no way I could race him to sleep first - and big thanks to Peterbo3 for a huge effort with the Top Spot accom and catering.....and a few marks he generously shared which we tried with some success Thurs/Fri.

Boatwise had a problem early with the radio and on Friday after circum-navigating Musgrave for the second time looking for Peterbo3 on Drumbeat we bumped into an anchored up Muddytoes to use his radio.....I won't forget your comment Anthony when you accurately said "this makes your radio trouble look pretty minor" as you struggled to kick the old Merc back into life. Great it all ended well apart from the tow fee and lost time on the water.

We had no trouble with the Outsider 625 running a 150HP Yammie 4 stroke - averaged around 0.65 to 0.7 k's to the litre at 4200 revs....well apart from the buggered radio which required a quick trip to Gladstone on Sat for a replacement - weather was crap anyway so killed some time.

Found ourselves rafted up with some great guys Sat night at Musgrave and Thurs at Fitzroy - look forward to catching up again Marty somewhere outside SPB soon.

On the fishing front we were more than happy with our effort being new to the area with plenty of colour in the esky and even managed a red as a bonus.....wrapped whole in alfoil on the BBQ and shared with the neighbours last night....yum.

Already looking forward to next year.

cheers Rob

Attachment 71607Attachment 71609Attachment 71608Attachment 71610
    Attachment 71611Attachment 71612Attachment 71613Attachment 71614

Name:	trout.jpg 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	71615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red.jpg 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	71616   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rafted at Fitzroy1.jpg 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	71617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rafted at Fitzroy.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	71618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fitzroy.jpg 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	71619  

Name:	double header.jpg 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	71620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aj.jpg 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	71621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleaning table.jpg 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	71622