Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Re: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Great week, good people, a few new faces, some nice fish and my Red cherrie popped ! (all be it just !)
    CPT Marty with White Rihno a 7.5m Noble (i want one!!!!) will spill all
    A piccie below of what we woke up too this morning at Firzroy Lagoon some 70-60 klms offshore
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FitzroyAM160911.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	71449  

Team White Rhino,
    Where do I start, Reds, Red Throat Emps, Horse Pearlies, Horse Trout, Big Tuskies and great fun and laughs. More importantly , a great team that worked great together. We unfortunately had to pull the pin a day early due to my commitments but I had an absolute ball and enjoyed the time we spent together. Thanks for organising the house and food Bruce, thanks Tim and Damo for the laughs and great teamwork. I sure hope the White Rhino held up my part of the deal. On average we burnt 1km per litre and that was at 30knots 4500rpm. Thanks for the gents we rafted up with and the Joy and moonshine that was shared. I will post some pics and vids soon. Thanks Team Wasted Wages for your donation of Spaniards, it is always a pleasure to hang out together. Team Outsider I am looking forward to catching up here in Brisbane as well as Mad Mackeral and Bull. Booney your a legend and I appreciate your help with the livies.

All in all a great outcome, great mates, great fishing, great dinner and great shag when I got home!!!!!

Cheers
    Marty

Need to go to bed sooo buggered after driving home after an overnighter. Will make more sense tomorrow..
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Team White Rhino,
    Where do I start, Reds, Red Throat Emps, Horse Pearlies, Horse Trout, Big Tuskies and great fun and laughs. More importantly , a great team that worked great together. We unfortunately had to pull the pin a day early due to my commitments but I had an absolute ball and enjoyed the time we spent together. Thanks for organising the house and food Bruce, thanks Tim and Damo for the laughs and great teamwork. I sure hope the White Rhino held up my part of the deal. On average we burnt 1km per litre and that was at 30knots 4500rpm. Thanks for the gents we rafted up with and the Joy and moonshine that was shared. I will post some pics and vids soon. Thanks Team Wasted Wages for your donation of Spaniards, it is always a pleasure to hang out together. Team Outsider I am looking forward to catching up here in Brisbane as well as Mad Mackeral and Bull. Booney your a legend and I appreciate your help with the livies.

All in all a great outcome, great mates, great fishing, great dinner and great shag when I got home!!!!!

Cheers
    Marty

Need to go to bed sooo buggered after driving home after an overnighter. Will make more sense tomorrow..
    was that with Black Rat or Tim ?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    was that with Black Rat or Tim ?
    After a long week I kinda rolled over and played hard to get at !

lets not beat around the bush, it was a 3 way AND I was the train not the tunnel
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty

It was great to catch up and nice that ou brought your dad along this time.

So, you play the little train that could!

Damo

I wouldn't play hard to get if I looked like you.

Was disappointed that Andy wussed out of our VMR fund raising at the cook off. My money was on you to get the hit.

Till next year

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Great weekend. Pissed down on me half the way there, to the point where I had to stop at Childers and change my clothes. No fishing on Saturday, but a trek up the worst dirt track I have seen with lucky phill + hangover + 1l of water in my guts. Head off today, plan for breakfast in childers but nothing is open. Get a speeding ticket just south of childers. Stop in Gimpy (sic) for a piss and the bike wont start. 1.5 hours trying to get it going and find out RACQ will cover my on the bike. (insert 1.5 hours of chong and the_deckie expletives) 1 hour RACQ trying to get it going, put it on a truck and take me back home (free thankfully). (insert 3.5 hours of chong and the_deckie expletives)

When I first got into motor bike 20 something years ago, there was a joke that went - Why is a Triump like a blue cattle dog? At the end of the day they both usually end up coming home in the back of the ute.

Seems not much has changed!!!!!!!!

What a week, met heaps of great like minded blokes who just love fishing! Headed out Thursday morning for an overnighter at Musgrave, hadn’t been there before. Thursday was a bit slow around Musgrave, a few solid parrot, pearl perch & hussar. Friday morning in Musgrave lagoon was amazing, calm water with whales putting on a show outside the lagoon. Sausages & eggs for breakfast then headed out to some spots west of Boult, but no luck just grinners. Moved on to a few marks in 65m SE of Fitzroy where we got some reds earlier in the week, bit slow but started to get a feed. I hooked a good red first but dropped it half way up, next on was Dad, best red for the week.

Had trouble getting VMR & fellow Ausfishers earlier in the week on the VHF radio, in fact had trouble getting anyone until we realised the radio was being used as a sinker. A bit of bad weather Tuesday let us do a run home to dispose of the Lowrance & purchase a new GME radio & refit on the Wednesday ready for Thursday.

That’s it for another year, thanks to Darren for getting us out to the spots in his 625 Bluewater Tournament/150hp 4st yammy, awesome motor, great economy and comfortable boat for the overnighters. Also thanks for the laughs at The Captain Cook Holiday Village, Madmackeral (Perry), Bull 1 (Brett), Buggerit (Kev), Wasted Wages & all their crews. Fish hard & see you all next year. Cheers, Dave.

A few pics of the weeks catch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0713.JPG 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	71462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0715.JPG 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	71463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishing 010.jpg 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	71468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0724.JPG 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	71466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0717.JPG 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	71464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishing 008.jpg 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	71467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0722.JPG 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	71465

looks like a top trip tinshack..well done.

lets try again, I dont have a PC currently so I'm using a friends which is a giving me the shits. So this will be brief, what a great week with a great bunch of chaps. Team white rhino, great team, bloody fantastic boat (I'll die to have a boat like that), great fishing. I'll let Marty post up all the pics and vids. My last memories of the week, to many to list but here's a few;
    PB trout caught while trolling for mackeral
    PB pearlie
    NO sea sickness even on Wednesday when it was rough out trolling
    Damo getting pissed
    Marty reacting to a fish bite (you had to see it)
    Tim, top crab catcher
    Boony, going out to Fitzroy in his boat (he's got bigger balls than me).

Thanks to Phill (with 2 LL's) for putting the M&G together and all the other who attended to make it a great event.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Yo.

Have just landed back in Brisvegas.

Will post report of sorts later.

Update..... Kev ( marvin ) had a bag out on Reds on Friday night. 15 and biggest 12kgs. He will post pics etc when he returns in a week or so.

I think that Australias boating economy revolved around 1770. Unbelieveable amount of L A R G E rigs heading out and about with calm seas and school hols.

Big thanks to Tim and Anthony for their company on Friday for a trip out amongst the islands.

To our dinner guests, Rob, Brett, Anthony, Tim & Dave... great night and thanks to Peter for the dinner of Roast Beef, vegies and Apple pie and Ice cream.

To the Sunlover owner, Roz, a special thank - you again for allowing me and others to share your digs and indulge in the top food for the M & G.

OK. time to unpack and wind down.

Cheers LP/

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Team White Rhino,

Cheers
    Marty

Don't tell me you are still having trouble finding livies Marty...??????

Just like to say thanks to madmackrel, horse and bigjig(radioman) for a fantastic week. Captain cook holiday village had a great bunch of ausfishers staying there. Was great to meet bull1, wasted wages, tinshacks, darren, kev and everyone else that stayed there.

I must say a big thanks to phill for organising a great week away, murph for some great shirts and to all the guys that gave us some marks to try.

Fishing was a bit slow compared to others but for our first trip we did ok, cant wait to meet up with all you guys down here.
    Cheers graeme

P.S a big thank you to mine09 for coming to the rescue friday when we made a bit of a miscalculation..

Here's some " mischief "

No idea what was going on here !

Yes mark............ more than legal...

LP.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Guys for a great week up at 1770. Thanks to Phill for putting the trip together and thanks Murf for the shirts. It was a lot of fun to meet and catch up with everyone. Thanks for the help and advice on fishing spots and techniques. We didnt get the fish we hoped for but thats fishing i guess. Like Marty and Graeme said im looking forward to catching up with the seq guys for some fishing trips down here. Cant wait for next years 1770 trip.
    Cheers Bull / Brett