Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Re: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Hi all, a few pics of yesterday/todays catch. Headed out east of Fitzroy 60+ m contour. Good sessionAttachment 71314 in the morning & afternoon till sharks arrived, just could not get one to the top, either lost part or all of the fish mostly reds. 2.5hr trip hAttachment 71313ome this morning, got to love a 1/4 on SE swell. All good, few beers now & get ready for the next trip hopefully Thursday n Friday. Cheers, Dave.Attachment 71312

sorry boys cant make it , so catch me a red or two

Quote Originally Posted by Tinshack View Post
    Hi all, a few pics of yesterday/todays catch. Headed out east of Fitzroy 60+ m contour. Good sessionAttachment 71314 in the morning & afternoon till sharks arrived, just could not get one to the top, either lost part or all of the fish mostly reds. 2.5hr trip hAttachment 71313ome this morning, got to love a 1/4 on SE swell. All good, few beers now & get ready for the next trip hopefully Thursday n Friday. Cheers, Dave.Attachment 71312
    Nice fish carl barron, couple of beers is a bit of an understatement isnt it?

Got back last night at 11 from the M&G as I have to work today. Blowing a bit up there and short chop making travelling a bit bumpy in smaller boats, but no issues. We took up a plan B (Double kayak) for the Saturday blow out and ended up at middle ck. Blowing hard and tide running harder, made the paddling a shorten effort. End up on a sand bank casting landbased. Plenty of good spots, but only extracted one flattie (mark).

Sunday out in the blue was mixed affair of sharks, brickins, one decent grassy (60 something) and smatter of various other mixed reefies. Yesterday was a short effort chasing tuna with slugs and lures, resulting for only one mac.

Toll has been taken on boat motors though, with a boat sporting a brand new Honda (30hrs) throwning piston out the cowling and catching on fire, Muddies Merc dramas, Cheeches dramas, plus several other tow ins from Fitzroy and Musgrave. VMR crews are doing lots of miles. Please to say Mark's new Honda (10.5hrs before we left) purred like a kitty all trip and damm it is good on the fuel.

Great to catch with the boys whilst up there and meet some of the new faces. Thanks to Peter for the digs. It was a Top Spot.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

Toll has been taken on boat motors though, with a boat sporting a brand new Honda (30hrs) throwning piston out the cowling and catching on fire, Muddies Merc dramas, Cheeches dramas, plus several other tow ins from Fitzroy and Musgrave. VMR crews are doing lots of miles. Please to say Mark's new Honda (10.5hrs before we left) purred like a kitty all trip and damm it is good on the fuel.

Great to catch with the boys whilst up there and meet some of the new faces. Thanks to Peter for the digs. It was a Top Spot.

Steve
    Steve, What HP threw the piston?? Someone must be dirty
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

I think it was a 150hp, don't quote me on it coz it was dark when we arrived at the ramp at the same time but the owner was saying its 30 hrs out of a full rebuild.

Ouch! I hope he got some warranty on the rebuild!!
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Muddy Toes - 150 hp Honda. Nothing like trying to put out an engine fire whilst whilst standing ontop of 150 litres of unleaded to get the heart beating...

Long trip back doing only 6 knots. Just wish we had a couple lures onboard to tow out the back!

A few dramas, but good thing is everyone is safe and still able to quench their thirst on dry land.

Rumour has it, Deiter is about to weigh-in a double digit Red, he should be here soon.

Most others that styaed out put some fish in the eskies with Black-Rat donging an XOS pearlie.

We had a dinner last night with Rob, Brett, Dave, Anthony, Roz, Tim and myself. A very " happy " Damo ( black-rat ) and Capt Seaweed ( marty ) turning up at stupid o'clock and staying til the wee hours. Great night to aquaint ourselves with the new guys and the Coronas went down a treat.

Looks like another overnight session starting thursday with all keen to hit the reefs again. I will be heading to places near Fitzroy ( you know the ones,,,,, Sean )

I know that a VMR rescue vessel uses 114ltrs / hour towing a 24ft Glass boat. But worth it, hey Anthony ?

Time to get rigs etc ready, then relax for a day or so.

Reports as they come to hand.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thursday 9/15

Morning
    Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: E 0.8 meters at 6 sec.
    Winds: SE 7 to 10 knots
    Afternoon
    Seas: E 0.7 meters at 6 sec.
    Winds: ESE 6 to 8 knots
    Friday 9/16
    Morning
    Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.
    Seas: E 0.6 meters at 6 sec.
    Winds: SE 4 to 6 knots
    Afternoon
    Seas: E 0.6 meters at 6 seconds
    Winds: E 2 to 3 knots
    Saturday 9/17
    Morning
    Seas: E 0.5 meters at 5 sec.
    Winds: ESE 4 to 6 knots
    Afternoon
    Seas: E 0.5 meters at 5 sec.
    Winds: ESE 7 to 9 knots
    Sunday 9/18

Morning
    Seas: ENE 0.7 meters at 5 sec.
    Winds: E 6 to 9 knots
    Afternoon
    Seas: ENE 0.7 meters at 5 sec.
    Winds: ESE 8 to 11 knots

the above forecast is for fitzroy Lagoon area.

3 days offshore coming up, ferets.

LP

You have been blessed Phil this year with the weather mate.
    Look forward to some photos though for the likes of me who are stuck at work.
    Hope you slap some big reds out there(on seans marks?)
    Good luck
    MICK

Damo caught the pearlie??? huh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    A few dramas, but good thing is everyone is safe and still able to quench their thirst on dry land.

Rumour has it, Deiter is about to weigh-in a double digit Red, he should be here soon.

Most others that styaed out put some fish in the eskies with Black-Rat donging an XOS pearlie.

We had a dinner last night with Rob, Brett, Dave, Anthony, Roz, Tim and myself. A very " happy " Damo ( black-rat ) and Capt Seaweed ( marty ) turning up at stupid o'clock and staying til the wee hours. Great night to aquaint ourselves with the new guys and the Coronas went down a treat.

Looks like another overnight session starting thursday with all keen to hit the reefs again. I will be heading to places near Fitzroy ( you know the ones,,,,, Sean )

I know that a VMR rescue vessel uses 114ltrs / hour towing a 24ft Glass boat. But worth it, hey Anthony ?

Time to get rigs etc ready, then relax for a day or so.

Reports as they come to hand.

Cheers Phill

has anyone put a bend in my rod yet. i really want to know if i built it right
    of course i did.... i know that.

Sorry Tim, my bad. TIM caught a XOS Pearlie...

No, Ian, testing the rod out thursday.

pics below are from Team Barcrusher.

Unfortunately, the cod was unable to be revived to swim away.

Red went 11.2kg and is top of the leader board.

marvin ( Kev ) weighed one in at 8.6 which is a good Red in anyones language.

cod....27kgs........... spangled, a touch over 5kgs.

cheers

Stu got RTE, Spangled and Cod. Deiter got the red