Or 11 months, 13 days

349 days can be converted to one of these units:
    • 30,153,600 seconds
    • 502,560 minutes
    • 8376 hours
    • 49 weeks (rounded down)

BUT WHO's counting

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 01-10-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Or even 30,153,600,000,000,000 nanoseconds................Nah that sounds like a very looong time
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthebox View Post
    and I am not quite sure whats wrong with this pic? exposure or colour balance?

cheers Murf
    Definitely colour saturation..... too much amber colour in the glass, should show up as a bright pink colour

Get out while you can Phill, they're all zombies!!!

Even the waitress looks like she's from that Dawn of the dead movie!!! [/QUOTE]

still a bit worried about the little finger poking out

well whilst packing to go to Bundy/Yeppoon/Gladstone for a couple of weeks fishing with Wags and jtpython for Wags' bucks week I found my misplaced SD card so here are a few more pics

cheers Murf

and the boys having fun doing circles around us on the way back in haha

Ausfish M&G Report

Well, bout time I did a little report of Team Bimini Twist’s activities over the M&G. I did the week with my dad (Brad) and shared accom with Georgey (Mine09) and Dale.

First and foremost, it was great to catch up with everyone at the cook off, once again a very friendly affair. Special mention must go the infamous Joy, oh dear the Joy, put a rocket in your pocket any day of the week that stuff! To Murf, mate love the shirts, the fishing shirt was well wicked! And Phill for the been the master of arms, with all the great information that you so generously handed over, thanks.

We stayed in Neptune (team Yalta HQ!), very well appointed, nice verandah, heaps of parking, what more do you want really, hot shower, BBQ, fridge for beer. PRD looked after us on that front, definitely will deal with them again.

Trip 1 – Steady as she BLOWS!
    Like most people we headed out Sunday morning, as we where waiting for George to launch we drifted around the creek, insert champion number 1 (Bull) who motored over to very kindly gift some of his snapper leads (which I in my haste had no time to make prior to the trip), thanks mate! Great conditions as the 2 Yalta’s purred out through the channel, a bit of slop heading to the Islands.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	George.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	72362

(George bustin a move on the way out)

We quickly ducked into Musgrave to plot a track for our return trip, love it (we had never fished this far south so it was all new).

We immediately headed East to around the 60 - 80m mark and stated drifting about, jumping from spot to spot trying to cover as much new ground as we could. We found quite a few promising ledges and drop offs that will require a return visit. Dad and I only managed a legal Maori Cod and a few RTE for our troubles. That evening we headed into Stuart Shoals to find George and Phill (with 2 ll’s), Phil who held up his stonking Blue Maori (more to the point we thought it was a huge trout at the time). Finding some good bottom lines went down, then some nice big tugs and a solid hook up (I thought holy sh!t a stonker RED), he fought dirty and hard, bending the 80lb tcurve to the water, he didn’t take any long runs just some dives to the reef below. Mmmm 10 mins in I was feeling deflated and in pain, talk of a shark entered our conversation, surely not I said, it didn’t take any long runs? Then from the depths the man in a grey suit hit the surface, around 7-8 foot long he was a beast for sure. (will get the photos from dad)

So off we went into the night to find some deep water, the sounder went nuts and there was serious bottom and fish everywhere, results = my first Blue Maori at 7.5kg, happy with that! Back to the Lagoon to raft with Georgey, who cooked a sensational snag BBQ! The wind that came through that night put the chills up us a tad, the boats started rubbing (the fenders just couldnt cope with the wave action) so we departed company to anchor up else where. In the early morning light we found Bull 1, Peterbo3, and Robtarr and of course their motley crew rafting in a line, looked awesome.

Name:	Rafting.jpg 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	72364

(looked bloody awesome)

Name:	Murf.jpg 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	72363

(Murf appeared to be trying to get phone service?)

Bored, a quick shout on the radio to make sure we weren’t in a green zone then on went a pillie on the Tcurve 5-10 spin and I slunk back into my sleeping bag. Twitch, twitch, ON! I had some fun on the lighter gear pulling aboard a 66cm Spangled (not a bad start). LOL the reaction was instant, the boys rafting immediately had lines in the water, love it. An of course there was Booney, bloody hell mate, where do you buy undies big enough to hold your massive set of balls?

The weather was crappy so again we spent our time burning fuel, wasting bait and checking out heaps of new marks to little reward, enough was enough so in we came.

Name:	Fish.jpg 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	72365

(The little bag)

Name:	Moari.jpg 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	72366

(7.5kg Blue Moari, my first)

Given the weather the next day, Dad I and shot off to Gladstone to do a few things and jumped on the dirt bikes to show dad our tracks around the area, not a bad day off from fishing in my books!

Arriving back in Agnes, insert champions number 2&3 MuddyToes, Anthony and his deckie Tim, who hooked me up with some more lead (enough to sink the poor Yalta) and some Flash as Michael Jackson mullet, thanks boys! Cant wait to see the boat with a big dirty Yammie on her ass!

Trip 2 – The trip of a thousand miles
    Wake up only to be greeted by some of the best weather we have had up here all year! Pointed the Yalta North and for the first half of the day fished our way up to Lamont once again exploring as we went. Special mention to the turtle who came over to the boat, only to ‘hug’ the outboard with his flippers, then ‘hug’ my arm as I gave him a pat, very odd.

Name:	Turtle.jpg 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	72367

Continuing north hitting some spots around Sykes, It was here that we found all those wonderful Dolphins up in the shallows, just bloody awesome. Off Sykes we hit a mark that had us on a big pinnacle, tuna and birds working above it, heaps on the sounds below. A couple of undersized Reds where released. Dad hook onto a stonker that did him in the coral, our pick, a good Red or Trout.

Come the afternoon I couldn’t help it, we sped to some of our normal haunts further north trying to find those elusive Reds, unfortunately we found nothing. Nothing at all. Although we wanted to fish our Red spots at night we were just too buggered and though it best to head in a get some sleep. We anchored up for the night behind Sykes (which I might add is a fantastic little spot, great protection, sandy bottom, VERY calm). Sunrise we returned to the pinnacle, and finally the first legal Red hit the deck, thank god. The shallows around Sykes was well worth the look, with Dad landing two very respectable Trout, best I could manage where some RTE.

Name:	dad trout.jpg 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	72368

(Dad producing the Trout, awesome)

Name:	Trout 2.jpg 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	72369

(Dad's first coronation)

We headed East marking spots as we went, found some great ground (which didn’t produce mind you), then finally pointed the Yalta towards Fitzroy to a mark, dad again on the money with a coronation Trout. On our way south we marked a BIG pinnacle, first drop and I was monstered, brutal, just brutal, felt like a big red (but anything can feel like a big red when you really want it too!). Dad again on a very good trout, unfortunately nearing the boat, he flicked his head and gracefully returned to the depths, bummer. This spot will be visited again shortly, stay tuned.

On our way home we checked out a few more spots, at Boult Reef I jumped in with the spear gun for a quick look, only to find a decent reef shark stalking me and a huge ray who thought he had better come over to say hello, that was enough for me, back in the boat and on our way home. Fantastic trip back in, the creek looked a million bucks.

So great time all round, although a little shy on the esky fish, Yalta was lovely as always, did a billion miles, had a ball. Just one more thing, did anyone happen to see a full box of California squid floating around out there, someone thought they better release them one by one for me!

Name:	coming in.jpg 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	72373

(cruising back in)

Name:	end result.jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	72372

(Final bag trip 2)

Name:	yalta.jpg 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	72371

(Yalta just hanging out)

Thats all for now!
    Josh and Brad
    Team Bimini Twist OUT!

Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Great read Josh.

There are some..... interesting..... pinnicales between Sykes and Fitzroy in a certain depth of water.............

Getting busted / monstered is the norm there.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Good stuff Josh, bloody nice report.

Damo

Just paid our deposit for the house again next year, so Phill, put us on the list please.... Be the whole family again, arriving Friday afternoon on the 14th staying at Aurthurs Park as usual until the 24th for 10 days of R&R, and no thats not rest and relaxation, its for Reds and Rum.... Cheers Kev and family.

Well done guys, some great stories, great catches and nice shots too! PBA is up there this week, unfortunately getting their butts blown off again! It is October, but we have had some bad luck with the weather the last two years with both trips being blown out bar one day each trip – although it may come good for Friday. I went up Thurs night and fished Fri and Sun before coming home Mon.

Sun was the first official Club fishing day, and it looks like it might be the last too! Even though conditions were great on Sunday, a lot of boats did it tough and there weren’t than many fish caught. We did pretty well, as did the boat fishing with us. I will put up a report later this week – hopefully there will be more to add by the guys still up there.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Re Four button arnie's report

Great report!!!!
    FANTASTIC photos!!!!

One photo in particular speaks volumes, should be used for a phone add !!!!!

Glad you had a great time & hope to see you at next years M&G.

Cheers Roz
    Last edited by roz; 20-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

We were up there that weekend and noticed the Yaltas and a couple of other familiar boats, didn't know it was the M&G weekend, looked like fun.
    However, the wind was none too kind.
    We were in a small Fisher centre console and said g'day to a few lads at the ramp, must have been Josh and his Dad by the looks of it.
    Only spent a couple of days there before heading to the Whitsundays and beyond.
    Fished the creek and managed some really good Lizards, Grunter, Jack and jumped of a couple of small Barra. Great place, can't wait to get back.
    Tim

Okay the extra shirts have been done and sent, all but Almako (PM sent)

now I have one too many Polo shirts, it is a XXL if anybody was missing one or wants one I have one

cheers Murf