Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Re: Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & greet. offical report

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    ok ok ok try now , sorry lads I f ed it up had it on private, thought I was making another style of errrr movie
    Marty that vid is sweet mate especially for an old fart like you

and yes Marty you do rip it up the big fella when he loses a fish there is a long swim home though haha

cheers Murf

cheers Murf!!!
    Living the dream, Barry

Sounds good Marty I'll find out when I'm back next.
    Look forward to part 2 ! I think ?

Damo

yeah mate all safe, I need to get more footage out ith other fish caught
    Living the dream, Barry

Well the PC is formatted and I have a new card reader the daughters have finished rep soccer finals bla bla bla so I will post up my pic of a fish for the trip

Well another great trip to Agnes Water/1770 when we arrive at the digs Top Spot I wondered what sort of a week we were in for when Robtar walks in like a southern latte drinking toff with his expresso machine and coffee bean grinder under his arms and Fishfeeder strols in with a tea cossy on his head but what a great pair of blokes, the coffee Rob put on every morning was by far the best I have ever had (and I have been trying since) Brett kept us all fed up with the ample supply of food supplied by our house captain Peterbo3, we were also joined by Apollo Steve and Trymyluck Mark who also jumped straight in to cook clean and make the house a pleasure to be in. I must also mention my designated driver Les that came up with me putting in a great effort as the cleaning lady in the kitchen

Well as for the fishing it was a bit slow for us on the first trip out for a look see, the wind was up and the water temp down lots of bait around but nothing to entice up for the cook off on Saturday night so frozen two year old NSW bait for the cook off Saturday night (I hope everyone enjoyed )

On our second trip to sea we were blessed with a full moon and great conditions for the evening’s fishing inside of Lady Musgrave with Robtar and Bull1 close by. It was a little lumpy in Lady Musgrave lagoon for a kip that night but the company was great and another great experience on the reef. Gotta love it out there

we only just scratched up a feed for the overnighter with a windy morning fish down around South Fitzroy reef in the shallows and SSHHHH but we lost a good pick to the reef but Robtar came to the rescue with a spare only to be lost to the reef gods as well next drop

a few pics

Top Spot verandah

an effort for the week

the view from my bed, thanks jt for waking me up so I could see the sunrise

cheers Murf

oops I forgot the fish pic

and the Deckies kookaburra did survive the soft plastic incident

a big thanks to Pete again for putting up with me and my stand in old man Les and for the trips to sea and organizing the house food and peoples to put in the house, top stuff

cheers Murf

Murf, what about that massive red pic you sent me on the phone??? What weight was your big red? Hope you don't mind if I post it up? Kev.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Murfs 10kg plus Red Emperor.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	71902  
    Last edited by marvin; 26-09-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: add photo

Kev, Murf's red was caught off Yeppoon and was in the 10 + kilo range...I believe.

Cheers,
    Wags

Sorry, I thought he got it at 1770, my mistake, he must have been just teasing me when he sent it to me on his last day up there... Either way still a real nice fish. I'll just stop typing now...

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Sorry, I thought he got it at 1770, my mistake, he must have been just teasing me when he sent it to me on his last day up there... Either way still a real nice fish. I'll just stop typing now...
    Kev, was it this one?

Attachment 71903

Yep same fish!
    Last edited by wags on the water; 26-09-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Clearly the same pic

Teasin you??? The bastards were sending me pics while I was at work.

Thanks for the video Marty it looks fantastic. It sure was one cracker of a trip.

Cheers Bull

just arrived home from night shift, got a hot cuppa milo and sat down in front of the pootah to watch approx 5 mins of more awesome meet and greet footage . Well done marty take a bow as I enjoyed every second and can't wait for the next episode.

Congrats on your stonker red murf even if you had to go to yeppoon to catch it but I think the 1770 reds taste better then the yeppoon ones

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Geez Murf, I'd forgotten all about the kookaburra!!

In 2006 The Deckie fed it a soft plastic complete with a jighead and it proceeded to smash the thing on a branch nearby. It was a bit of a job to get the sp out of the tree from what I recall.

Looks like it's forgiven him now...........

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    yep he's doing alright here at my place, infact next time your down here again I reckon we all get together and head out somewhere again, what ya reckon? Or do we need to get up to weipa!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Martry

All for a Weipa trip, just need plenty of notice, and money