Thread: HDS and p66

HDS and p66

thinking about getting HDS 8 and wanting to run p66 ..does anybody have a HDS with a p66 transducer ..reason being i have a p66 with a furuno and it reads bottom at all speeds so i was thinking if i get the same one and mount it in the same place the HDS would do the same

Re: HDS and p66

Hi GLXR

I have a HDS5 with P66, works great, but I cant say how much better it is than the std transducer because I have never run mine with the std one.

Not sure if its because my P66 is an older one, but I cant get water temp to show on the HDS.

PS there is a new sooped-up P66 X version available in the USA as well as the standard one - do a search on THT or Bassboats Central - it sounds like its very very good!

Cheers

This is what they are saying about it:

For current Furuno, Garmin ,Lowrance owners there is a great new 600 watt transducer that many of you may not be aware of.

It is the P66-HP-6. A High Performance P66.

While looking like a normal Airmar P66 ,this unit has completely different engineering and internal components that enables it to have a marked increase in sensitivity....especially on the 50 kHz side. About 20 times more sensitive.

The internal ceramic element is actually taken from one of the three elements of the Airmar Tm258 1 KW transducer.

Thus the P66-HP-6 has very low Q..in the range of 10..the standard P66 has a Q of 30.. And that translates to an increase in sensitivity and long term reliability.

This is a very impressive transducer with performance not found in any other 600 w unit.

Here's the link to the THT info:

http://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-e...-lowrance.html

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

thanks for that...you know when you say you cant get temp..is your p66 depth/temp/and speed do you know?..

Gday there i just stumbled on this thread . can you guys tell me does your P66 look like this one ,this is what i was sent when i recived my HDS 8 when i asked the guy why i was sent this transducer ,is this the corect transducer for this unit.He contacted the suplier ,they said that they had to replace the traditional transducer with this one ,and as it is a $150 more expensive than the one that is normaly shipped with Lowrance products i shouldnt complain.I read the link above from ML and maybe i might have been sent one of these ,but as the only thing that is stamped on the ducer is P66 its hard to tell.I have only used my new unit once ,but the clarrity is amazing so much clearer than other screen shots i have seen .I may be dreaming or wish full thinking but anyway.
    This transducer is large it measures from the transom to the 130mm and the width is 70mm .Oh by the way it shows temp and speed

Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish