Thread: 100mm wriggler replacement

100mm wriggler replacement

Getting sick of getting crud all in a pack and the color and textures changing every batch. Anything else out there that similar profile shape that works just as well?

Re: 100mm wriggler replacement

What are you chasing with them buddy? I find the 4" turtleback from burkley are my go to and would be my opinion. I fish them up to 1/4 on a 1 or 2 size hook depending... tight lines
    mossy

mate im a wriggler man. swear black and blue about them and are my go to however everybody has a differnt opinion. i only buy the pro range squidgys and one of the most popular would have to be the bloodworm. ive had certain retailers tell me that the normal squidgy wrigglers and the pro range wriggler bloodworms are exactly the same. there not! the cheaper option in the blue packets are a softer material and they vary in quality and are more likely to differ in shape and quality dependant on shelf life. the pro range however is slightly harder and dense compared to the others not to mention they are less transparent and they are more of a solid colour. dont think you pay the extra for the pro range just for the little squeezy bottle of jizz its not the case. they are better quality. ive not had much dramas at all with the pro ranges. and are my go to as i mentioned.

Depends on the age of the plastic too, once you crack that seal on the packet and let some air in there, the colours will change over time. I have one bloodworm wriggler rigged that was nearly clear it was that light and now is almost a chocolate colour, note to self......use that bugger next trip.
    I'm giving the Gladiator Smash Baits a run lately (not a wriggler, but a good baitfish profile) and they are working quite well with most colours.
    Jack.

I use the 100mm wrigglers on most my flatty, trev fishing. I find just looking at the packs in the shops ( unopened obviously) the colors change every 3 months or so Evil minnow being the biggest culprit, But bloodworm has turned really orange recently and is not like the old batch.

I tend to find they textures change also. I have two packs of fish same color and both pro range, one is really soft and the other is harder. Brand new packs.

every plastic will fade whilst out of water. if you see some guys who have all there plastics in a nice tackle tray all seperated etc they look good and organised but they dont last near as long as if you keep them in the packet. my preference is once the plastic has had a hook in it and its been used i will never re use that plastic yes they still work however the strength and stretch abilty of the plastic is reduced so for exaple if you get a solid hit on the plastic and you miss the fish the plastic will more likely dislodge on the keeper. making it look unusual therefore the fish not comming back for a second hit. same deal if ive got a plastic left on a rod from a previous trip i wont use it simply because they fade being out in the air. ill always be a fan of the wriggler and havnt found anything that appeals to me as much