Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What makes a good fishing show ?

What makes a good fishing show ?

We have all watched a multitude of fishing shows over the years, but I've heard lots of opinions about what people like and dislike about the styles some of these guys have when presenting. As per usual, it's easier to be critical, gravitating to the dislikes.

Makes me wonder if I was the presenter with a cameraman in my face, I wouldn't be very good at trying to think of things to say either.. What are your likes and dislikes?

Scalem

Re: What makes a good fishing show ?

Mate I hate fishing with ET. They way he "woo's" at every little thing just gets on my nerves. So much so that I either mute the TV or if im really pis@ed off I will change the channel. Pity cause sometime the show was informative or even interesting until those "woo's"!!

Cheers
    i want a bigger boat

Call Sign "In-Vince-able" VHF 72

hi scalem

I think it looks glamorous,but like any success there's got to be alot of work put into it,as for the presenters i think you cant please everyone,look at some of the hosts and they go on with some crap but you still watch it,but i'd like to swap jobs for a month i'd rather get a sore back from fishing than screeding concrete any day.i have heaps of fishing shows my favorite is the malcolm florence collection

I don't watch any of them these days...nothing more boring than spending 5 minutes watching someone pump and wind as they are bringing a fish in. Just show the hook up and the last minute or so as the fish is landed. Very few go into much detail as to tackle used or method used.
    I understand they have to mention sponsors names..everyone does that on any type of show. They pay the bills.

I cannot remember who they were..saw a bit of a show a while back..2 blokes..every time they hooked something one of them carried on like a 2 year old. I quickly turned that one off also.

They will never be really professional..the presenters are fishermen not trained entertainers and they are all done on limited budget.

Mnay years back there used to be a local show about boats..cannot remember the name of that either..World of Boating or something similar I think. They gave the boats are pretty good workout at times but the presenter was soooooooooooooooooooo boring. His voice just went into a continuous monotone.

Interesting topic Brian...not sure how you could make a fishing show "entertaining" to people that fish regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Mnay years back there used to be a local show about boats..cannot remember the name of that either..World of Boating or something similar I think. They gave the boats are pretty good workout at times but the presenter was soooooooooooooooooooo boring. His voice just went into a continuous monotone.
    Was that Chris Conroy's world of boats??

I don't watch fishing shows. I'd rather watch The Flintstones. That Barney cracks me up.
    Actually I tell a lie. I watched a bit of Extreme Fishing (I think it was) the other day. Wasn't too bad to watch while having a cuppa.

About the most interesting fishing sort of programme I've seen was a couple of video's Heath put out.
    They were very entertaining and I enjoyed them immensely.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post

I don't watch fishing shows. I'd rather watch The Flintstones. That Barney cracks me up.
    Actually I tell a lie. I watched a bit of Extreme Fishing (I think it was) the other day. Wasn't too bad to watch while having a cuppa.

About the most interesting fishing sort of programme I've seen was a couple of video's Heath put out.
    Wasn't Judge Judy on?

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post

that was it..thanks Scott

I get bored pretty quick watching folk catch Barra AND GT, seen it on TV too many times....

What motivated me to put up this topic I hear you ask? Oh no, he said it for the 10th time!! "Stop the bus!!" It's like the days of old all over again.... Yibbida yibida or however you are supposed to spell it..

Scalem

This is when I'm dreamin right?

Big Boobs
    Big Fish
    No Sponsors
    No adds
    GPS Co-ords for all spots where fish were caught
    Did I mention the big boobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    This is when I'm dreamin right?

Big Boobs
    Big Fish
    No Sponsors
    No adds
    GPS Co-ords for all spots where fish were caught
    Did I mention the big boobs?
    what are you saying? You want Rex Hunt without a shirt on ?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    what are you saying? You want Rex Hunt without a shirt on ?
    oh my eye's, I'll never see again!

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    What motivated me to put up this topic I hear you ask? Oh no, he said it for the 10th time!! "Stop the bus!!" It's like the days of old all over again.... Yibbida yibida or however you are supposed to spell it..

Scalem
    Stop the bus
    Gone like last weeks pay
    Strike pro does it again
    and any reference where "JK" refers to himself in the third person does my head in!!

"The biggest mother lover of all mother lovers"
    I can't watch JK. He is like pulling teeth.

I do like Mark Berg though. He seems pretty down to earth. And I like the concept of his show, where he takes noobs out to try and catch either a certain number of species or a size of fish to win a prize.

who is JK ?