Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What makes a good fishing show ?

Re: What makes a good fishing show ?

Fishing and boating shows all die of the same disease; IRRELEVANCE. They start off all well and good going fishing in places that most of us either go to or could get to in boats that we all know and love. Then, for some strange reason, they decide to go all exotic and go to places that nobody is going to go, and they go in boats that are just dream machines to the average punter. It may be OK to do such shows as a "one off special", but to get it served up week after week just kills the show. This disease of IRRELEVANCE should kill most lifestyle shows in the end, as they all have a finite lifespan if they're going to serve up the same thing time after time, but fishing/boating shows are mor vulnerable to said disease, as it is a very neiche market that the shows are pitching to. Also, anything with that goose Paul Worstling (if that's how you spell it) in it should be consignet to the shit-heap immediately and without discussion.

Cheers,
    NICK.
    I fish; therefore I am...

Politicians are just like kangaroos; they're lovely to have around, but they need a good CULL every now and then just to keep the population in check...

Re: What makes a good fishing show ?

Quote Originally Posted by CHEE-FEE View Post
    Fishing and boating shows all die of the same disease; IRRELEVANCE. They start off all well and good going fishing in places that most of us either go to or could get to in boats that we all know and love. Then, for some strange reason, they decide to go all exotic and go to places that nobody is going to go, and they go in boats that are just dream machines to the average punter. It may be OK to do such shows as a "one off special", but to get it served up week after week just kills the show. This disease of IRRELEVANCE should kill most lifestyle shows in the end, as they all have a finite lifespan if they're going to serve up the same thing time after time, but fishing/boating shows are mor vulnerable to said disease, as it is a very neiche market that the shows are pitching to. Also, anything with that goose Paul Worstling (if that's how you spell it) in it should be consignet to the shit-heap immediately and without discussion.

Cheers,
    NICK.
    the better half had the tele on yesterday and some fishing show was on..did not catch the name of it..on the Lifestyle channel (which I usually avoid like the plague) but it caught my attention..the place looked superb and the fishing looked spectacular..have sent an email off asking for prices already..may even go sometime next year.