Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ready to take the plunge and buy OS. maybe.

Re: Ready to take the plunge and buy OS. maybe.

Well i gave up trying to buy O.S. its just to much drama,you need this you need that ,we wont look after you its up to you to send it to U.S.Humminbird and even then the warranty is only for U.S. residents.Oh and we wont send the unit back to you ,We will only send it to a U.S. address.It turned out to be 1 big headache after another all for the sake of saving a couple of hundred $
    found a GuY ON EBAY BONYSONLINESTORE ,he is based in Brissy, a top bloke and his prices are cheaper than any i have seen .
    So today after months of total confusion and lots of resarch and asking lots of questions i payed the 2 Grand today and ordered my new Lowrance HDS 8 with 2 years warranty.Man im stoked ,just waitng on my new motor now . .and ill get the structure scan down the track a bit,

CHsmith marine have NAVIONICS GOLD CARDS G32 FOR $260 .$ 9 .00 registered post ,if anyones interested.

Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Hi Rob

Glad you have finally bought a unit? I picked up my boat from my local marine workshop today after having my Humminbird 798cxi HD SI Installed along with a GME AM/FM & VHF Receiver with a Side Mounted bracket / Antenna on the R/H Side of the Cuddy. I am very pleased with the installation the boys at Cunninghams Marine did on my boat.BRILLIANT!!
    I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Cheers
    Wayne.
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

WOW thats Awesome Wayne sounds very very nice ,cant wait to see the pics .
    Im a bit undecided to get a plate put on my tinnie to attach the other transducer,I already have 1 set of holes from my last sounder .iM hoping i can use the existing holes ,for one anyway ,then a few more holes for the other and some silicone i guess.

Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Have a look at B*O*N*Z*E*R* I*M*P*O*R*T*S* prices quoted are in Aussie $ to your door , inclusive of freight and taxes. Cheers Kevin

Lowrance Marine Electronics

Gday Kevin thanks for that mate ,i just looked at there site and found this .
    Cheers Rob
    Dear Customers ...

We are not selling Lowrance products for the time being.

Lowrance have recently implemented their Geofencing technology into the new units (via a software update) to limit the functionality of US marketed equipment. Geofencing is a GIS term whereby software identifies a region on a map. Lowrance have a geofence programmed into the units that identifies (via GPS) where the unit is, and if the unit is an American standard unit, and the current location is outside of 30 degrees West and International Dateline East of the Americas, the unit will revert to US imperial units only and flash a message on the screen continuously saying "This unit is not set up in this area please contact authorized dealer".

Other brands are not subject to Geofencing.
    Shut up and fish