Thread: seafood terrine

seafood terrine

This one is requires a bit of effort but is so impressive and different to serve at lunch you will get heaps of wows and how did you make it comments...
    you need a loaf tin lined with clingwrap to start.
    ing.
    1.75kgs of white fish fillets.
    2 eggs.
    4 thick slices of white bread crusts removed.
    400 mls of cream.
    4 slices of smoked salmon.
    6 pieces fresh asparagus.
    1 bunch silverbeet.
    6 fresh prawns
    6 fresh scallops
    3 bugtails
    fresh dill
    pepper

soak the bread in half the cream set aside,
    de stem the spinach and quickly dunk it in boiling water then remove and cool.

get out the food processor and add 1.75kgs of diced boneless white fish fillets teaspoon of salt blend it till it goes smooth then add the bread soaked in cream and eggs... add the rest of the cream slowly till the mixture is smoother.
    turrn the mix into a bowl, add the pepper to taste fresh dill and then add the smoked salmon diced.
    line the tin with the silverbeet and fill half way with the mix, wrap the bug tails in the silverbeet also and line down the centre of the tin. on one side line the prawns the other the scallops, top with the remaining mixture and cover with the spinach.

place the tin in a baking tray filled 3/4 with water (a water bath)
    cook at 130 for about 1.5 hours.
    place in the fridge over night.. when you slice it it has a very cool pattern!! Serve with salad and a pink peppercorn vinigarette.. yummo!!
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Re: seafood terrine

nice nath, this takes me back to the 80's when terrines were all the go. i can honestly say i havent had a terrine in years, but that sounds so good i might just have to try it.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

lol.. yeah i know what ya mean mate i learnt my trade in a french restaurant and we had terrine of the day on all the time the head chef used to make some awsome ones...

sounds good, never heard of a seafood terrine before. I think you missed the asparagus in the instructions though? Do you just give the spears a quick blanch and refresh and lay them down at some stage.

Two dogs..yeah thats right mate... forgot that bit.

Love Terrine and seafood so this I will have to try, thanks for sharing this.
    Question and nothing to do with this but is Crepes Suzette tradionally a Fench dish?
    cheers
    sandyd

sandy yeah as far as i know.. really simple dish but made impressive by a thing called gueridon service, fancy way of saying the waiter/chef cooks it at your table and there is usually flames (flambe') involved.

Omg!! that soundz yummmm definately gota try this thanks nathan for sharing...Have never tried terrine ever i love seafood and i have a few dishes of my own but nothing like this wow..

Cheers
    Billy