Thread: A question on fish stocking

A question on fish stocking

I was curious to know when the stocking groups release fish into the impoundments, whether its barra or bass, do they load them into a boat and release them at different locations through out the dam or are they all released at the boat ramp?

Shaun

Re: A question on fish stocking

Shaun.

MASA (Monduran ANglers Stocking Assoc) uses about 3-4 boats with 150 ltr eskys and O2 infusers to take about 5000 at a time to various locations around the lake that we think are as safe as possible. Generally around rockwalls, with lots of trees and protection. Not sure if its 'scientifically perfect' but it seems to work OK. We do plenty of runs around the lake to different areas to spread them out.

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

SWFSA do a similar thing, although some releases are done from the shore. It depends how many people show up to help.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Thanks Steve, I reackon it would be fun and interesting to be apart of. Unfortunately I'm on the sunshine coast which is a bit far away i guess.

Had a look at their website which is pretty good. Noticed they have a map on there that lists the names to the bays which was a bonus.

Cheers Shaun

Shaun,

There's a couple of fish stocking groups on the Sunny Coast stocking Ewen Maddock, Baroon Pocket & Lake Macdonald. You might want to get involved with them.

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au