Thread: Lost honda motor, carbon fibre console moreton bay area co-ordinates included

Lost honda motor, carbon fibre console moreton bay area co-ordinates included

545pm Thursday 18.08.2011

The transom broke off the sides/tubes on my zodiac inflatable, but still remained attached to the aluminum floor via a solid hinge join. Unfortunately when I was rescued the police who were to tow it back were unaware (night time) the motor was still attached to the boat. After beginning to tow the boat the motor ripped the floor, console, bench seats, battery and 50L plastic fuel tank

The motor is a honda 40 HP attached with stainless steel plate to transom, red and black bench seats, carbon fibre console, red fuel tank.

Anyone by chance who may find finding anything I can pay some money for the equipment if you could recover it. I'm a student and will be unable to buy the gear again, it was uninsured

Thank you to the rescue chopper that happened to be training over head when it happened. The coast guard person by the name of Roy who spoke so kindly to my girlfriend when she was upset. Also the water police and anyone else who I haven't mentioned your help was very much appreciated

Rescue coordinates when chopper airlifted me from boat:
    27* 09 minutes .55 south 153* 13 minutes .08 east

Vessel rescue co-ordinates:
    27* 09 minutes .63 south 153* .07 east

Blog Entries

Re: Lost honda motor, carbon fibre console moreton bay area co-ordinates included

Ohhh you poor b&*^%d!!!!!

Mate I feel for ya. I hope something good comes from all this. What are you studying? I will keep my ears open for a job if you want?

Good luck mate.

Re: Lost honda motor, carbon fibre console moreton bay area co-ordinates included

Maybe contact the Water Police and ask if they would have a track line on their plotter showing the trip back to port.
    If you can get a copy of it you will be able to have a decent look for the motor and gear.
    Definitely worth the cost of a phone call to check.

Was your location further up towards Bribie Island in Deception bay area?

Cheers Lee