Thread: 2011 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention

2011 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention

Hi All,

I would like to extend an invitation to Ausfish members to attend the 2011 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention at Lake Wivenhoe SE Qld.
    This is a fundraiser run by the Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn, funds raised go toward fish restocking program in the region.

Without adding any product names / sponsors etc I hope it's ok if I add the following info about the event.

Key points below

Organiser: Somerset and Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn Inc
    Where: Logan Complex - Lake Wivenhoe
    When: September 10 & 11 (Briefing 9/9/11 at 8:00pm approx). Fishing competition part of the event starts 6:00am 10/9/11
    Cost: $50 each
    Camping: Captain Logan Camp & Lumley Hill. Lake Wivenhoe
    Craft: Canoe or Kayak only, & Paddle, peddle, electric motor or sail only (no catamarans or dedicated sailing boats)
    Fishing style: Cast & retrieve or trolling- Lure / Fly only
    Species: Australian Bass and Golden Perch
    Concept: Catch, Measure, Photo (on measuring mat) & let it go

Other key information
    • display of the various brands of recreational and fishing kayaks and canoes
    • Free test paddles for the general public including sit in kayaks, sit on top kayaks, sea kayaks, fishing kayaks, family and kids kayaks and wide range of canoes
    • Live fish display by FFSAQ
    • With the possibility of up to 150 various competitors water-craft plus demonstration craft and displays this event has got to be up there as one of the largest gathering of fishing kayak and canoe enthusiasts in Australia
    • Over $12 000 in prizes on offer including two kayaks, paddles and fish finders etc etc
    • All profits go towards restocking in lakes Somerset and Wivenhoe
    • 2011 is the 4th annual event, starting in 2008
    • Funds raised so far exceed $10 000 (this equated to around 50 000 native fish being released into our waterways)
    • Saturday afternoon Show N Shine
    • This is a QAFCA endorsed event

Further info & Entry Form at http://www.bigfishkayak.com.au
    I/we would like to extend an invitation to those who have been previously, and those who have never been before.

Kind Regards,

Garry Fitzgerald
    Event Coordinator- Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn Inc.
    Last edited by Fitzy; 19-07-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au