Thread: mantra kayaks

mantra kayaks

with so many different yaks out in the market place these days ,its a bit daunting when trying to find something that wont break the bank ,and be usefull for my needs.i,m thinking about doing the hire thing from the shop, and what i would like to know is do many poeple know much about Mantra kayaks. your thoughts would be much appreciated.
    for me i like the palani model,,, your thoughts?
    www.mantrakayaks.com.au
    thanks
    ian

Blog Entries

Re: mantra kayaks

Hi Sid,

I have a small kayak myself (nuthin special at all) but what I have realised is I really would like feet powered paddling! I couldn't see that option on the Palini. If I were to hire a kayak for fishing I really would like to do it hands free.

Just my thoughts mate.

Good luck on you venture.

Re: mantra kayaks

Ian

I paddled a Mantra Palani a couple of weeks ago at a Kayak Fishing Demo day and I was impressed. It has all the features a 4 metre kayak should have and it has a great price as well. I found it very stable and very easy to obtain and maintain speed. Plenty of rod holders too with five on board, Hinged hatches are features on much dearer kayaks but the Palani has them. A good sized rear well and that little sealed well behind the seat would be great for keeping some livies or yabbies on board. The padded seat that comes with it is a ripper too, very comfortable. I paddle the Ocean Kayak brand at the moment but the Mantra is alright for the price I reckon...

Cheers