Thread: Howdy From the Gold Coast!

Thumbs up Howdy From the Gold Coast!

Hey Folk

Name is benno, or Bennno here

I live on the Gold Coast, moving to Cairns next year and thought I'd better learn how to catch some fish before I get up there!

Grew up in a small town in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and used to fish a few creeks and dams with mates when I was a kid. Love fishing but never really fished again after I moved to the beach and started surfing and such.

Went to Cairns in 2008 and went on a charter with a grumpy old fart that has now retired and it was brilliant. All hand lines and caught that Large Mouth Nannygai in my profile picture. Nearly cut my hands off getting it up. I was pretty happy as you can tell in the pic, and the fish had been on ice hence the droop.

So plan is to get out there in the Gold Coast estuaries. Plan is to go after some Bream and Flathead - all land based. Tips appreciated. Think I'll use bait first and try some of these fan-dangle SP's.

I bought a tiny Shimano rod and a Sienna 2500FD today and will try a few bridges locally and see what I find. I'll be doing some research first on here obviously.

So if anyone wants to come fishing (or better still take me fishing), drop me a line (bad pun? ) I'll buy the beers

- Benno

Re: Howdy From the Gold Coast!

Welcome to the forum benno...Enjoy

Scott

Re: Howdy From the Gold Coast!

Welcome to Aushfish Benno plenty of good fish up North good luck mate.