Thread: Sharkcat 23

Sharkcat 23

Hello to all, just moved up from Sydney way, have been fishing for quite sometime, I own a 18tf yaltacraft runabout at the moment but have just brought a 23ft sharkcat cuddy cabin in urgent need of some TLC and a repower. Having read a few of the posts on these from some of the other members I have no doubt I'll be asking more than a few questions to get this done right. Happy fishing.

Re: Sharkcat 23

welcome to the site, lots of stuff here to learn and talk about, lots of friendly (and some grumps) people too, for your own safety, do not fit e-tecs to your Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    welcome to the site, lots of stuff here to learn and talk about, lots of friendly (and some grumps) people too, for your own safety, do not fit e-tecs to your Cat!
    ill agree with the first part, bu the e-tec bit seriously do u fellas ever give up bashing them? ive got em my cat an dont have any problems-had one on my center console an had no problems, but my my 40 hp yammie on my tinne siezed a cylinder so maybe i should slag the s&*t out of them.cmon guys your entilted to your op thats fine but no need to constantly slander them it really is getting a bit old

Thanks for the welcome guys, having read the numerous threads on this site on the battle between etecs, opti's etc the repower side will quite a bit of thinking through, especially the hp side and the already shrinking budget, but I hope to get plenty of ideas from some of you gents as I go through the process.

sorry Dan, I was only joking, have a read of some of my posts in the e-tec things, you might change your mind then, by safety, i was referring to the tirade of abuse he would get, not that they would blow up on him! I welcome another cat owner, and would have happily got new e-tecs for my cat if they had of fitted my criteria, hang on, have we just started another e-tec thread?

no worries nolem just have herd it so many times now,i even get shit at the boat ramps from random people about my engines rather sad really, both my engines are early model e-tecs an the only complaint i have is that my stickers faded out an my cowls have small hairline cracks in them other than this not one fault or alarm an my other 90 hp had only one hiccup a tilt relay simple fix,nut to each their own i guess

Welcome to Ausfish mate will be good to see your refirb everyone on here is always willing to give any advice you will get plenty of ideas that is for sure. ETEC's get bashed frequently here there is a thread dedicated to it just power it with whatever fits your budget and do not worry about what anyone else has to say about it all engines no matter what the brand have some sort of issue some more than most. Be sure to start a thread on your refirb and post lots of pics I always like seeing threads like that good luck mate and welcome.