Thread: A white to have with my fish?

A white to have with my fish?

Could someone recommend a nice bottle of white wine to have with fish? Looking for something fairly mellow. Probably around the $20 mark. Cheers. ( I'd raise my glass if I had a white ).

Re: A white to have with my fish?

oyster bay, sav blanc. regards, tony.

Whitehaven Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc ..... sits in around that budget . ..... very refreshing & ideal with fish

Plenty of NZ (Marlborough) & WA (Margaret River) Sav blancs available though ........ pretty hard to find a bad one in that $20 mark

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well a big thanks to Chris and Tony, dropped past the local bottle'o and grabbed a sav blanc ( a Taylors though, love my reds and they my an awesome shiraz! ). It was very good.

As much as I am fan of aussie wines......in the lighter sav blancs....you can't get any better than the Marlborough region wines....especially those from the 'Montana' labels (Stoneleigh is one of my favourites)....but there is a shat load of em...especially in that $15 - $20 range......I wouldn't pay any more...no need.

If you want to try a good "think outside the square" wine for fish try some pinot gris or pinot grisio (same grape, just a slight difference in ripening).

Redbank make one I sell a lot with the most lovely name of "Redbank Sunday Morning". $20 should buy it and so much softer than the sav blancs. Nothing wrong with sav blancs but I personally find them a bit sharp with fish. Fine with shellfish and oyster but can overwhelm more delicate flavour like a white fish.

KC