Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

My Haines Formula 233 rebirth

Blog Entries

Re: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

hahahhah.... good luck mate. Look fwd to hearing your progress.

Gee doesnt look too bad a nic in the piccies!

Hows the floor?? No soft spots?

Good luck with the project mate. I had a blue one a number of years back that I bought from Townsville and resold in Melb. It too had the 7.4ltr Mercruiser. They run nicely but no speed machine. Topped out about 60-65kmh from memory.

The buy price is very good. Looks an early model with the headlights in the hull.

Cheers

Thats a bargain and a half, on a good trailer too. I'll be watching this thread with interest, my favourite boat of all. Now to get it looking like Opti's

Re: My Haines Formula 233 rebirth

here she is with the poxy stickers removed

The floor in good nick now the stringers have been redone no pictures unfortunatly here is the load of crap that came out of the boat. the original seats im giving away for a carton of beer.

Blast balast and blast some more with 5mm thick antifoul i needed a blasting tip that can cut concrete. A piece of paint found its way around my glases and loged into my eye. it was bloody painful. I got 80% of the antifoul off

I decided to wet sand the back of the boat bloody messy job and super thick paint. This job took me two weeks but its well worth it.

On filling the holes I have had to wait as the wether is to cold for the hardner to set in the filler. It needs to be over 10 degrees to set otherwise it stalls overnight frusterating.

Blog Entries

geez mate you had me wondering there for a while. This thread started only a couple of hours ago and I'm seeing all these updates and I'm think "geez he's getting stuck into it".... then I realise this is obviously over the last few weeks or so.

Hahahahahah..... keep 'em coming.

On the third day god must have invented the blade scraper its perfect for removing the old antifoul and primer i should have used this on the back! live and learn. Realy coming up Good it may take me another weekend to get the rest off the bottom.

My 454 MPI kit is on the way from sydney and the alloy roof has just about been finished.

I had some minor delamination up on the deck of the bow but nothing a dril and some epoxy didnt fix she is solid as a rock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    geez mate you had me wondering there for a while. This thread started only a couple of hours ago and I'm seeing all these updates and I'm think "geez he's getting stuck into it".... then I realise this is obviously over the last few weeks or so.

Hahahahahah..... keep 'em coming.
    Ha yeah the computer at home is on the blink so im geting you all up to date as of this weeks events. Dont worry there is plenty more to come in the next month or so.

sorry i miss spelt haines in the heading maybe one of the moderators can fix it

You can put a hair dryer on the filler to quicken the process.

If you get bored with it let me know. Might even take it off your hands

Was watcit on ebay. If it weren't for a lack of space, i might have had it.