Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Re: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by The Woo View Post
    That would be an absolute bastard to fish out of..... You'd need a surf rod to clear the leg! lol
    Yeah im with you it would be a prick to fish out of

ARRRRRRRRRR this rain Sucks

Read it all again and am looking forward to lands end.

Keep it going and don't miss too many fishing trips in the meantime.

Regards Steve.
    Markham Whalers are crazy and my 5.9 er is the craziest one of all.
    And Geelong Football Club is Best

Thanks Steve,
    I appreciate the words of encouragement i would reply to your message but for some reason it wont let me????

The wife and i have been busting to get out in her so it will be a great moment when finished.

Hi Guys i got some time between rain to mock up the last of the big pieces. Its a shame when you have measured and measured something and in the end its a poofteenth out

I had to move the entire roof back an inch to drill more holes. this was so the windscreen and the roof supports line up it also creates a better symmetry between the front supports and the angle of the windscreen. i will have the roof craned off next week to have it stripped and painted. hope it isn't a windy day

i have also mocked up the bow sprit it just requires some filler to complete the integrated look.

its coming together well, i bet you cant wait for the launching?? thanks for posting regular photos for us to keep watching.
    cheers jim

No problems Jim my pleasure.

I think i chomped through the bit when i took this photo .

Do you have a rain go away stick i sure could use one!

Are you able to post a piccy of the bow sprit you made up and looking at doing something similar

Cheers
    Ben

No probs its in the picture but its hard to see as the crome is reflective. i will get another pic front on for you

Hey top_deck here are the pic's

Looks like i may get a sunny weekend so i can get the filler out and intergrate this into the hull more.

I think the roof should go backwards about 12 inches.. But that is just from looking at the photos. The angle from the windscreen and leading edge of the hard top looks strange....

It whole package looks better then it did at the start, its a credit to you for all the hard work... Can't wait to see the finished photos...

Cheers
    Brett

I know what you mean fishfeeder it frustrated me to no end.

Unfortunately that would mean massive structural changes to the roof and the sides of the boat. Also the back of the roof would be in line the front of the engine box this means you can’t hold your rod vertical when walking around it. Coupled with a set of rocket launchers and rods hanging over there it was bound to be a mess waiting to happen.

If you look at the last photo the track for the clears to go on is where you said so i had every intention on having the roof line up there but since it’s a sealed pocket it can be moved to the underside of it. At the moment im going to mock it up and if it looks bad I will have to adapt and change somehow.

It was just something I noticed and I don't think anyone mentioned it before and you said you had to move it back a bit I thought maybe it was something you could look into.....

Great boat and I like the way your doing as much as you can yourself, it will be very satisfying when your finished..

Cheers
    Brett

I could move the windscreen forward.

I may do that and see how it looks

Thanks for the pics, have been trying to find ideas as I don't have a dedicated bow sprit

Cheers
    Ben