Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Re: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

i am polishing my gunnel alloy on the boat in place as i have found a great way to achieve this without removing it. i wished i could have matched it up with something on the market but there was nothing even close. and your formula is looking great. do you need a new fuel tank??, i have four different size tanks to suit if your interested and they all are like new. they are for sale now. i got all the original hinges and cross bollards re-chrome plated to keep some original looks.
    cheers Jim

Hey jim
    The boat came with a new tank and i bought the bollards and cleats already as i had a style in mind. I hope you don't mess up that white paint job while your polishing the gunnels i can understand not taking off the gunnels as its a prick of a job.

Hi Jim, how are polishing the alloy gunnel in place. Would rather not take mine off, cheers simon

Ok bit of an update

It was a bit of a headache finding a mobile ally welder so i have taken to it myself and im surprised how well its going. Every one says welding ally is a bit of a black art well it aint that hard, you just have to get your amps spot on. I tested a panel blew a few holes in it and adjusted accordingly. Here are the results of a few mods i had to do in the legs of the roof. The other picture is of 3 coats of undercoat i will finish sanding this week if the weather holds off. Also i found a small bit of rot in the floor so i have cut the section out and will post up the pictures of the finished product. also weather pending

hey guys i had a go at putting the roof on but it needs some more mods i have spent all week refabing the roof i hope it stays on

i have knocked up some more supports for it that will serve as a grab rail as well. soooo close i can taste it

The legs are up and in place thank god for the thick haines glass it holds these with no problems. I may have to do a little cutting and shutting once the roof gets up there this arvo

Enjoying the build report! Will be well worth it in the end. Keep the photos coming

i will have a pic of the roof up soon but i think i will need a crane to get it off when im finished ha ha

Well done mate coming along very nicely I cannot wait to see the end product keeps the pic's coming and keep up the good work.

And its up a few false starts but its welded in place i still have two other forward poles to put up and some reinforcement to do to the back legs but you get the general idea.

it does look weird without the bow rail and the windscreen but i like it

Hi guys had some good weather so i have got a bit done reinforcing the roof. I put 2 thick plates in near the uprights and cranked the amps right up to get a big weld. i have never done this type of welding before and im quite happy with the outcome. only one big ball occurred that got ground off. Another challenge mastered welding up and down hill and in the wind

The extra hand rails that double as reinforcement on the top really do their job as the roof is solid as now, also i got two front legs done but i have one to polish tomorrow

10000 hits this must be a popular topic? the mods are gonna have to start paying me for my input

i dont think that will blow off mate

Ha ha ha spot on opti

I'm still watching with interest, keen to see what you have planned for the screen. Of very minor interest, I've just pulled six of the same port holes out of my boat. If yours are cracked just let me know.

yeah i tried to get in contact with edencraft to price a carbon windscreen but never got any call back??? i might just restore and polish the old one its not that hard to do. i also want to put glass in the side bits as the old ones were lexan and a bit shabby. Im getting some stainless steel portholes as the white ones will clash with the paint job $400 each it stings for such a small piece but it will look the part.

I just knocked up the seat boxes they have to be fairly large to accommodate the Waeco but it will just add to the under cover seating area. I will put some pic's up of the later as im a bit stuck as to what tackle draw arrangement i want.