Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Re: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Another hot day in brisbane
    with the wife helping out i got the windscreen off there was about 400kg of silicone used to glue it down. Also there is two bits of plexi glass on the side that i will replace they just look tacky and a diffrent colour to the glass. I will get the bow rail off and the dash cluster and the last bits of undercoat this week.

Then she has a date with the spray painter

getting there mate ,i have my old [new] bow rail if you want it [free]you have to pick up though ,[gold coast]

Cheers it feels like its taking forever and my work has been 6 days a week so im using every bit of daylight but managing to pi*s the neighbors off as well

I may take you up on that mate is it a split bow rail or the one peice?
    Im a firm believer in the beer economy so i would have to give you a carton of your favorite sherbet's

hers a pic of it ,its one piece 32mm.it cost me 1k when i had it made,but il proably die with it ,so happy to give it to a good cause,a carton of coronas would be great,pm me for details of pick up.cheers dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey dave that means my spare original bowrail that came of mine must be worth one stubby?? lol

hey wirly bird im giving away all my no longer required dash/bowrail/windscreen/frame and a heap of other stuff if your interested??
    regards jim

By all means the more bits and pieces i can russel up the better. I may not use them but you never know. I will give you a PM.

Guys im really knocked over by the generosity on this forum this is the third person who has offered parts to me.

Well done guys give yourself a pat on the back true blue Aussies

Hi Guys,
    Another update just managed to rip the old Bow rail off and size up the new "OPTI" version bow rail. It looks bloody mean with this thing on. I Have filled the old holes and will fair them down and then drill the holes for the new bow rail this week. I have started the polishing for the gunnel rails some are coming up better than i thought but this will be a timely process none the less. pic's up as soon as i finish one.

Hi guys i drilled the holes for the bow rail and manipulated the legs to fit it sits quite snugly in its new position. I only managed to smash my hand once with the hammer

I got some work done on the gunnel rails but they have proved to be alot bigger job than first anticipated they were quite heavly pitted and scrached so i have got them to a fairly good shine.

Also it may not seem like much but i have the trim and tilt working after alot of 1974 parts searching and little bits and pieces missing its running like it use to. This has been by far the longest repair job. I started geting parts for it last september I can finaly get the boat out of the driveway

It looks bloody mean with the new 'Opti' rail!

It Certainly suits the lines of the boat but i had to slide it back and forth a bit to get it to look spot on. lots of jumping up and down from the deck to the ground and standing back and geting your best position then sinking some holes into the deck and crossing your fingers you were right

I would love to take on a project like this however the cost of doing it up here in Weipa is just not realistic, not to mention that there is not a single 223 up here lol!

I know what you mean its a pretty remote place haveing been there many times i would be thinking the same. but you could get one in fairly good nick from the states for around 7k USD geting it up there on seaswift or something would be a bit $$$$ not to mention if you need some parts its gona cost just as much in freight if not more than the actual part itself.

There are some great finished 233's on the market at the moment it would be the ideal for fishing the waters up there. I caught my first spanish mackrel up there @22kg it was a great battle on 30lb line i will never forget how smashed my arms were afterwards.

Hi whirly, looking good mate. I,ve got the same gunnel trim, what did you use on yours to get it looking so shiny. Mine is in way worse condition, cheers Simon

240 grit wet and dry and a bench polisher its bloody hard work but its worth it