Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Re: My Hanes Formula 233 rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Hi Guys its been a lot of scraping between posts and some rain has slowed me down but there are the results minus the small strip of antifoul under the bottom and under the rollers.
    Attachment 70787
    Attachment 70786
    Attachment 70785
    I received my EFI kit yesterday and it was a bit dinged up the map sensor was completely smashed so I have to get a new one there goes another $100 bucks
    Wirly....I can't seem to open the attachments?

hmmm bit strange i will post them again

the Brazilian
    Last edited by wirlybird; 25-08-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: me

that's better......looks like hard work though.

Good luck with her mate.

sure is i have blisters all over my hands but this rain is slowing me down some what so they may get time to heal properly. Here is a couple of pictures of what i have bought for her lately a bag load of stainless cleats two stainless vents for the engine box blowers. two mandrel bent 4 inch pipes for the exhaust from the risers,as the old ones were just angle cut and welded. and some pictures of the MPI kit the intake will be striped and polished today i know its just an engine but i want it to look the part as i wont be anticipating having to do any repairs on it for a long time. oh and i decided to go for an electric salt water pump as the engine mount ones look to be a bit old fashioned. also i have some LED strip lighting for under the internal gunwale and a new boarding ladder.

that pesky vacuum! seems to follow me around so it gets a mention in the injector manifold picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

After a big night on the beers it wasnt the best day sanding but i can say with confidence that the back deck area is finished. Now every tree in the street is white

im at a cross roads i cant make up my mind weather to put another set of rollers on the boat or just go with skids

rollers definately easer to get boat on and of trailer and wont leave skid marks on boat
    Also with rollers u wont have to put the trailer in the water as far to get the boat off.
    Thats my humble opinion anyway.

yeah good point i want to put a boat catch on it and the guys at boat catch have a skid trailer for thier formula. i havent had a skid trailer yet so i was unsure of the marks they may leave.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    After a big night on the beers it wasnt the best day sanding but i can say with confidence that the back deck area is finished. Now every tree in the street is white

Ahh so thats what you were doing- sanding.
    I thought for a while there you were purging from the night before and testing out the self-draining deck!

ha ha the wife said it looks like i was getting frisky with the boat.

BTW i got my bonus from work that should push along the spontaneous buying of boat bits. 800 sombreros for $20 sold! ha ha

Hi guys
    Its been a while since my last update so here's what i have been up to. I have managed to find a solution to not buying a bow sprit i got a custom made bit of stainless that fits the bill perfect. don't ask how much i don't even want to know it weighs a frking tonne. also to add to the shiny bits i have polished the rocker covers and the intake it makes a world of difference. I have my teak decking coming from Malta now as the local supplier was double the price. I think i might be raiding the Chandler sale on grays to get some cheap bits fingers crossed.

My alloy roof has turned out to be a monster so i have to take a weekend out to pick it up from the Whitsundays with a big box trailer. I may do some fishing with the father and make it a worthwhile trip.

I got the engine cover primed ready for top coat and also took some time to repair the duck board as the moron who owned it before me cut big exhaust holes in the thing. I will plane it flat this weekend and give her a sand and then triple coat with oil
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have had a flurry of work done with all the surfaces sanded and prepped for under coat
    here are a couple of pic's of the newly finished duck board and over engendered winch setup with the 2.5 tonne winch. lots of welding burns and galvanising paint gave me a solid result.

The next step will be testing out the new trim cylinders and trim pump i also have to rip out both the old steering setups.

My roof finaly arived but i have to do major work on it as im not satisfied the design will hold up long term.