Thread: Daiwa line roller bearing??

Daiwa line roller bearing??

I noticed my line roller was not spinning today on my 2000 luvias DA. I pulled it apart and its a open bearing between two rubber seals. I oiled the heck out of it ( didn't have any grease will get some tomorrow). It seemed to fix it was spinning freely in my hand. I put my spool back on and put some pressure on the line so the drag would do its thing and it is still not spinning. It spins fine though when retrieving line.

anyone come across an upgrade for the new style line roller ? Kinda annoying knowing its not exactly a cheap reel.

Re: Daiwa line roller bearing??

Hey mate..

Interesting to hear your luvias needs a line roller something i will keep a eye on with mine but I have replaced my line roller in my 2000 Sol & it cost me the grand total of $9..

The first thing I did on my Luvias 2000 was to order some sealed stainless bearings from VXB on eBay. Never had a problem. Not just a Daiwa thing, I do it to all my small reels....

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    Hey mate..

Interesting to hear your luvias needs a line roller something i will keep a eye on with mine but I have replaced my line roller in my 2000 Sol & it cost me the grand total of $9..
    From what I've seen it's a new roller system unlike the older one that has a sealed bearing in it. I will take some pictures tomorrow. The bearing feels fine in the hand but once it's back together the line has trouble spinning it.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    The first thing I did on my Luvias 2000 was to order some sealed stainless bearings from VXB on eBay. Never had a problem. Not just a Daiwa thing, I do it to all my small reels....
    I'm presuming You have a silver luvias? Not 100% sure the blue luvias one can be removed i gave it a good push but it didn't come out the black seal. So I thought I'd leave it for now until I get grease.

I had the line roller go on a sol after just 1 trip, same with another cheaper diawa, very poor form to find such a poor line roller bearing in a sol..

Daiwas seem to have issues with line roller bearings - Certates are a special for it ! - Everyone of mine have had them replaced

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Has anyone upgraded the new style roller? I'll post up some pictures so everyone knows what I am talking about. Afaik the new certates, luvias and freams have this setup havnt heard of any others but I presume all new models will.

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    I'm presuming You have a silver luvias? Not 100% sure the blue luvias one can be removed i gave it a good push but it didn't come out the black seal. So I thought I'd leave it for now until I get grease.
    I have a Blue Luvias 2000, and a Silver Luvias 2500. I am 99.9% sure I have fixed in both (along with my 3000FI, and 4000CI4 Stradics)

Cheers,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Daiwas seem to have issues with line roller bearings - Certates are a special for it ! - Everyone of mine have had them replaced

Chris
    The certates got so bad i was buying 3 bearings at a time getting about 4 trips and they sounded shocking. The last lot i packed them all up with grease, seemed to last longer. Not good for a reel of that calibure.

Paulus
    http://www.#################.com/index.htm

I pulled it apart again today to give it a good grease up. Here is how the bearing looks others can compare. I still could not push the bearing out of the rubber ring without feeling like I might not get it back in.

First pulling it off with the bearing inside the roller.

back of the roller

bearing and the rubber ring removed from the roller.

Had to get line roller bearings for a dawai and a shimano the other day.
    for 1 bearing shimano charged me $30 not sure how much the daiwa bearing is, will find out when it arrives.
    where do you guys get replacement bearings from???

Quote Originally Posted by shaun_s View Post
    Had to get line roller bearings for a dawai and a shimano the other day.
    for 1 bearing shimano charged me $30 not sure how much the daiwa bearing is, will find out when it arrives.
    where do you guys get replacement bearings from???

Go to a bearing shop, I put in handle bearing and under spool bearing for 9$ each. Daiwa wanted 14$ + GST

where is the bearing shop that you use?
    tried to find one in noosa but couldnt find any
    cheers for your help

Quote Originally Posted by shaun_s View Post
    where is the bearing shop that you use?
    tried to find one in noosa but couldnt find any
    cheers for your help

Sunstate bearings mate, there located in kunda park.