Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing SP's how do you do it ???

Storing SP's how do you do it ???

Hey Guys

Just after everyones input into how they store there SP's, I have a couple of questions as follows.

1. How do you store them in there supplyed bag's, containers or how. Myself i use theer supplyed bag's soon to use a few of the tub's below.

2. Do you mix different SP's Brands and types. As a bove seen as i use bags i dont, however with useing the tubs i will start to.

3. Is anyone using the tubs below ? whats your feed back on them.

In the Sport Fish DVD 5 i noticed Bill Classon has his stored in just a regular clip seal tub and has them all mixed, this sparked my intrest in others feedback.

Lets hear your input Good or Bad

Thanks Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Storing SP's how do you do it ???

I hear people use the sealed containers you can get from coles. Gulp dont bleed so go for your live mixing colors as for other brands I am unsure.

good question. generally its not good to mix them but depends on the chemical composition of the plastic as they vary. i know that berkely powerbait and berkely gulps can go in the same container, no worries. atomic plastics will become opaque and soak up some colour when mixed with berkely gulps and powerbaits, same for other plastics. sometimes i actually like the colour they become, lol. some sp's when in contact with another type of plastic will actually have a chemical reaction and 'melt'. i had some plastics come into contact with a plastic led torch once in the bottom of a fishing bag and it completely melted one side of the torch. i keep gulps and powerbaits in plano liquid locker containers and the rest in glad bags of the same type in each. other plastics im not too sure. cheers

I used to put them in a tub, now I just leave them in the bags and put them all in a travel pouch thing.
    I find it better because atomic, strike pro, squidgy and gulp can't really be stored in the same tub.
    It all stays fresh, unless a bag opens, then they dry out.
    Last edited by MudRiverDan; 04-08-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: --spelling---

A bit of a worry with chemical meltdowns
    Tangles KFC

so, does anyone think the fact that the colours have "run" a bit makes a difference to the fish? does a certain colour need to be 100% as produced to catch a fish, somehow I don't think so.

i use the plano liqua locker and have a few of the old gulp tubs - the ones that the crazy leg jerk shads come in. i will only keep these in a side box on the boat as have had them deteriorate (not uv stabilised) and leak into my dry box. also use normal plastic food containers with gulp "juice" in them to keep them wet. usually keep a tub for each different brand so as not to melt them.
    cheers
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I keep them in separate containers in the fridge.

I store them in the small sistema containers. Works a treat BUT aren't 100% seal proof, so don’t store them upside down and you will be fine lol. I stack mine in the top of my tackle box so I don’t have to worry about them flipping over.

Blake
    "You ever hear this expression? The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work. Uh, I'll call B.S. I've watched the deadliest catch on Discovery. I've never once been at work, capsized in a 40 degree water, watched all my co-workers die, and be like, "Hey, at least we're fuc#ing fishing"

I keep all my gulps in the tubs now,if I buy some of the plastic gulp packets I put those in there as well,keeps them moist,but I dont mix anything else with them.
    As for plastics I keep all in a shimano tackle box,(I just take the dividers out to suit),but I dont mix zmans with them,I keep those separate again.
    I find also that I like to keep the s/b,s/p out of the sun when fishing,just my preference really,I think the gulp juice goes off quicker if it gets to much sun(heats up).

Hey Guys

Thanks to all that have replyed some handy info there only question that remains is with squidgy's and the others that dont come with a huge amount of juice do people mix a little gulp juice into the container.
    I have been putting a small amount of gulp juice and a little tap water into it just to stop them drying out

whats your thoughts guys

Thanks again Tony

yeah. im with you tony. ive bought enough tubs that i have juice enough for all of mine for the next 5 years or so. keep all brands in it without any side effects.
    ps. big w are selling the tubs of 5" crazy legs (my snapper favourites) for $19.97. heaps cheaper than anywhere else.
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

I used to do the tub juice thing, the Berkley juice that comes in the tubs is not as strong smelling as the stuff in the packets, so by taking plastics out of the packets and putting them in the tubs can reduce their potency.

For me it was about versatility and portability.
    The tubs were always bulky and messy for me.

Now I buy the packets , cut the top off pretty neatly and the seal should retain itself for the life of the plastics, since it is a reusable clip top bag.

I now have a traveltoiletries bag thingo that is the perfect size to fit 25 or so bags, including squidgy and other brands that also come in
    reusable clip-tops.
    Squidgy and atomic don't need juice and store pretty well.
    The gulps store well though you have to ensure you have clipped them up properly after you use them.

I often throw the bag into a backpack, which I prefer rather than carting tubs around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    yeah. im with you tony. ive bought enough tubs that i have juice enough for all of mine for the next 5 years or so. keep all brands in it without any side effects.
    ps. big w are selling the tubs of 5" crazy legs (my snapper favourites) for $19.97. heaps cheaper than anywhere else.
    davo

Hi Davo,

Are they the Berkley Gulp Alive Crazy Legs Jerkshad? If so bluddy good price.

Cheers
    Funchy