Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Without going crazy...

Re: Without going crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Whitebeach may be from NSW Nagg? In my experience "but" on the end of a sentence (with no actual continuing meaning) is a NSW thing just like "ay" on the end of a sentence is a Qld thing. Not sure what us Vic people have as a nuance?? I don't think we do have one but I'm sure someone from another state will be very quick to inform me if we do!!

cheers
    that is an easy one BM..with Victorians their lips move but nothing intelligible emanates. I have proof of this..Eddie McGuire.

I'll pay that Pinhead.... Gave me a great laugh although you are gross generalising there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    that is an easy one BM..with Victorians their lips move but nothing intelligible emanates. I have proof of this..Eddie McGuire.
    Julia Gillard!
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

she was originally from South Aust, Nagg..but we all know nothing good has ever come out of there.

she was originally from South Aust, Nagg..but we all know nothing good has ever come out of there.
    except Shiraz!
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

nope..eve ntheir wine has fallen by the wayside these days.

ANYWAY..what was the original post about ?

nope..eve ntheir wine has fallen by the wayside these days.

ANYWAY..what was the original post about ?
    gee I dont know about that ....... they still produce the best reds but they have lost some ground in the whites to WA

but yeh , what was the topic about ?
    That's right slagging ETECs !
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Love my Poptimax Had 2 now and they have never let me down so far don't have anything against any engine really. Yes Etecs have had issues but I am sure or would hope the Manufacturer has taken alot of the feedback they have had on them on board and will only do their best to improve them as they go.
    The only way to make something better is rely on feedback from the customer and collate data on the things you have had to replace under warranty. The second series is always more improved than the 1st as most of the bugs have been ironed out. I have been in the car industry since I was 17 and am 34 now and all I can say is shit goes wrong you look at the problem deal with it note what it is and record it to pass on to the manufacturer alot of manufatcurers rely on outside sources to supply some parts for their product I know holden outsource all their plastics such s bumper bars mould etc Alot of guys that own VX-VZ commodores would have seen the plastic body moulds on the doors fail but cracking in various places. Took them 3 models to finally surcome to the fact the plastic was hit and miss some vehicle would do it other wouldn't. I remember having to replace them on new cars that had not even sold yet. As you can see the VE's do not have moulds on them. The Manufatcuer who holden was using eventually went broke and you can see why. You make a dodgy product eventually the odds will catch up and the warranty work will destroy your business. That is why dealers take this so seriously. I reckon once all the bugs are ironed out of these Etec's they will be a great engine it is all the little things that are letting them down and some of the bigger things to on the odd occasion. All I can is go the Poptimax LOL love that will have to remember that one haha.

There is a vast difference between burning oil in a two stroke and disposing of sump oil......sump oil can be recycled and is.

Yeh yeh. you can fiddle about with coating of bores and all that stuff but its nothing more than a fiddle, ya still running a metal piston with metal rings in a metal bore are you are still dependent on some sort of lubricant....ya just end up with something that cant be repaired or reconditioned.

As far as CO2 comming out of an engine........frankly who gives a rats...if ya want to run a power boat ya gota burn something to power it, and you will produce CO2, the faster you go the more CO2 you produce.......if it worried you that much you'd have a sail boat..... making claims about the CO2, emissions of a 100Hp pluss outboard motor that gets used primarily on recreational boats is the height of hipocracy.

The truth is, most of us don't care about Etec claims of emmisions...that too is another BRP beat up.

You may well mention the Mazda rotary motor, it has been a colosal practical and market failure.
    In the early days Mazda had a view of offering the Wankel Rotary across the whole range of light vehicle products including light commercials......it was to be a..... revolution .... But they now only offer the Rotary in only one vehicle......and the rotary had far more technical merrit and a greater point of difference and had a hell of a lot more R&D money thrown at it than the Etec.

The P76 is a clasic example of insuffcinet R&D and inadequate enginering support, the P76 was designed and braught to market in 12 months and without the support of the parent company.
    The findamental design was wonderfull, it was a car that was spacious, comfortable, handled well and with the V8 went like a shower of $h#t, it just had so many trim and quality controll issues.

BTW they did make a small number of station waggon and hatch back versions, very very rare these days..don't know about an actual factory ute, but if it is genuine it would be worth heaps.

But one good thing...the P76 gave us the V8 landrover, a great many P76 motors found their way into landrovers, they almost bolted straight up, a couple of my brothers mates did them.
    The local boys did a realy good job curing the rover V8's asthma.

Yeh in the 50's and 60's the japanese manufacuters were beaten upon by the american and UK interests...but it was they that baught quality control and standard features to the automotive market, and it was they that drove the british brands from Australia.

The vast majority of american manufacturers still fail to grasp the principles of systematic quality controll...probaly the central issue to the original discussion.

Yeh selective memory is a wonderfull thing...the old toyota crowns were a great car....fast and comfortable, the holdens and fords of the day were like drays in comparison, poorly optioned ones at that.

And in that era there were plenty of cars blowing smoke, and very few cared.

You may well mention the Honda Z (the ZOT was the rare high performance variant), I had one, the later water cooled version, cornered like it was on rails, 356CCs of raw power 39 hp din at the flywheel, redlined at 9 grand and reved to 10 no worries, and arround 65MPG at 60 miles an hour, thats no slouch of a motor in any terms.

Yeh right the japanese had to catch up with Harley... Harley only went to overhead valves reasonably recently and the japanese probly spent too much time and money actually fitting rear suspension.....even today, the smart harley owner, owns a strong plank and either a ute or a trailer.

A mate of mine makes a living out of reparing and modifying vintage and performance motorbike engines.....he recons Harleys are great......for business ...don't get him started on Harleys.

The hondas were such rubbish that they wrote a song about them....the only other bike that I have heard a song about is, Vincent ( "He gave her his Vincent to ride" great song.)

And where are all those brands now. appart from BMW

As I said all manufacturers have their moments and their good and bad products.....but BRP have only 1 outboard product.

Lots of people don't self represent here and even if they do they outsource distribution or spares or something...so I recon that is a non issue.

Oh... has this gone crazy yet

cheers

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

ETECs , Minn Kota & Lowrance ...... 3 boating products that are a case of take a deep breath when you buy them - all suffer from a disproportionate amount of problems & are the most talked about / grizzled about products amoung my boating / fishing friends. .......
    Sure you do hear of issues elsewhere but nothing like these bad boys ... 3 products that I would never buy out of warranty
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

so a barcrusher, with an e-tec, and a Minn Kota, with a lowrance sounder, towed by a P76 with Shimano fishing gear and out of date flares would be just about the end of the line as far as equipment goes?

hey, Victorians are easy to spot at the ramp, they are the ones with a thousand horizontal rod holder things all around the stern, and a big sarca anchor stuck in the bow roller.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    so a barcrusher, with an e-tec, and a Minn Kota, with a lowrance sounder, towed by a P76 with Shimano fishing gear and out of date flares would be just about the end of the line as far as equipment goes?
    Just about ........ btw I have a lowrances (& humminbird sounder) & a minn kota use some shimano tackle ........ I can live with those problems ( car & outboard ...... no thanks to date I've made good choices on that front)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    hey, Victorians are easy to spot at the ramp, they are the ones with a thousand horizontal rod holder things all around the stern, and a big sarca anchor stuck in the bow roller.
    you could always pick em at Narooma & Bermagui - they arrive and look like porcupine ......... but "hey" - they need that Sarca with all the mud that they fish

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

E-tec, Minn Kota, and Lowrance... Probably sell 3 times more to the public then the other brands, So doesn't it make sense if there are more being used they might get a few extra with problems !!!!

Cheers