Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Without going crazy...

Re: Without going crazy...

Greg, (PH)

I think you are comparing aples with oranges once again.

I have been through a true test of DFI V 4 Strk

Same boat with 225s over 400m the DFI had nuthing over the 4 strk this is beacause both boats were setup to perform well out of the hole.

The DFI had a 17 and the 4 strk a 16 "prop, the DFI would definately win in the top end but that only matter to a few who want in excess of 60 MPH.

Any engine can perform badly if just thrown on and handed to the customer, this happens more often than not.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Thank God your not a princess Greg.
    I hate to see the prince that wanted to give you a tonguey kiss if you were a princess.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Gary..I do know that one of the first 4 stroke powered boats I drove was doughy..I even told the owner so..first impressions are hard ot get rid of. I am happy with my lil 40-hp pull start 2 stroke..just like a mower engine..starts and runs well..does the job perfectly. It is all in fun Gary..if people are happy with what they have , good on them. BUT..if they have no experience with something else then really they are in no position to bag those products. It would be like me bagging Honda outboards..never been in a boat with one so no experience therefore would not make any comments. There are so many internet experts on things..google has shown that, yet many have no real time experience with the items they comment on.

awww..come on Scott..I know you don't mean that..am starting to get a complex now.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Thank God your not a princess Greg.
    I hate to see the prince that wanted to give you a tonguey kiss if you were a princess.

That's bloody gross !!!

You're one sick puppy Finga.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    2 landrovers ozscott?????? ........................... you sick b@st@rd! you're now beyond help .....................
    I know mate...cant help myself...but I didnt buy an ETEC...

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Ya know I very rarely have to "scour the net" for anything.

As for the figures posted in this thread..I knew they would be there and they were pretty easy to find.

Speaking of pretty easy to find....Etec stories of woe hardly require any scouring, there are so many of them lying arround you have to try hard not to trip over them.

Ya know, I have found in my life that there are two types of people, those who know how to find information for themselves and those who just take what they are given. :p

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

I always wanted a Leyland Marino but they all blew up I'm afraid.
    Or a Chrysler Centura. A 6 cylinder one. That'll be nice.

Anyone got a Chrysler outboard??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

What a classic thread. Who brought princes and princesses into it anyway. Next we'll have TOL and the six drawfs.

could end up a bitch about all the dud products ever produced

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    I know mate...cant help myself...but I didnt buy an ETEC...hehe..YET

Cheers
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    Ya know I very rarely have to "scour the net" for anything.

As for the figures posted in this thread..I knew they would be there and they were pretty easy to find.

Speaking of pretty easy to find....Etec stories of woe hardly require any scouring, there are so many of them lying arround you have to try hard not to trip over them.

Ya know, I have found in my life that there are two types of people, those who know how to find information for themselves and those who just take what they are given. :p

cheers
    3 kinds ob..you left my kind out..those that don't give a rats about information that is not relevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I always wanted a Leyland Marino but they all blew up I'm afraid.
    Or a Chrysler Centura. A 6 cylinder one. That'll be nice.

Anyone got a Chrysler outboard??
    Yep sure did. 70 odd Hp in theory but try as I might I couldn't get it to run. The outboards were just not in the same class as the straight 6 vals. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I beg to differ re the Chrysler outboards. They were exceptionally good engines in their time. I even had an email a while back from the Vice Pres of Mercury Marine who stated that "there was a lot to be said about the technology of the Chrysler engines".

Chrysler Marine went down in 1984 and it had nothing to do with Chrysler Marine. The marine arm was very profitable but only represented around 2% of Chrysler Corporations annual earnings. It was the car division that dragged the whole company down and the Government bail out was conditional upon Chrysler getting out of everything other than building cars.

The outboards were simple in design, held the record for the most hp per cubic inch of engine of any outboard brand, were robust and easy to work on.

They could have been a powerhouse if the parent company hadn't gone bust. All they needed was to update the ignition system and add oil injection and they would have been competitive with the other brands.

It's a shame they are gone. They were the best in my book.

cheers

Bombardier/BRP came in and ruined over 20 years of a good product thats all i can say!! those old OMC Rudes and Johnos are f&*^n solid motors always have been always will be

Quote Originally Posted by oldie View Post
    Bombardier/BRP came in and ruined over 20 years of a good product thats all i can say!! those old OMC Rudes and Johnos are f&*^n solid motors always have been always will be
    FICHT ????? ...... hmmm maybe not !

BRP - just aquired the name Evinrude / Johnson ........ the company already self destructed!

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO