Classifieds

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 138
  1. #16

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by snapazapa View Post
    Gidday Nagg,tried the line today and was quite impressed,fishing in 45metres of water with a 1/2oz jighead I could feel every knock,bump,caught snaps up to 56cm,I used a leader of 25lb attaching it with a pr knot,it was all good,the knot was still great at the end of the day,started softly but started to crank the drag up and it was all good,casting wise it was very good,reckon it will be good for wash fishing,no need to get so close to the rocks.
    Fantastic ........ always good to get others opinions , specially fishing a different style

    Thanks

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  2. #17

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Used the 4lb nanofil breamin in very breezy conditions yesterday morning. Casting into and across a steady SE breeze used to be a pain but the nanofil was brilliant. Extra casting distance and not a single wind knot!

    Had a heap of hook-ups but did not land a single bream! Managed a small tailor (dropped a 40cm+ model boatside) and a few small snapper to 33cm. Line was barely tested with these fish!

    Love it...BTW is was $34.95 which is only $5 more than crystal fireline...

    Cheers

    Pete

  3. #18

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Used the 4lb nonofil breamin in very breezy conditions yesterday morning. Casting into and across a steady SE breeze used to be a pain but the nanofil was brilliant. Extra casting distance and not a single wind knot!

    Had a heap of hook-ups but did not land a single bream! Managed a small tailor (dropped a 40cm+ model boatside) and a few small snapper to 33cm. Line was barely tested with these fish!

    Love it...BTW is was $34.95 which is only $5 more than crystal fireline...

    Cheers

    Pete
    Thanks Pete - good to see that you liked it .......
    As we know ... peoples opinions differ on these sort of things - but I knew within a few casts that this stuff was something different & after a few sessions I was certainly convinced.
    The 4lb was always going to be the big test though - so thanks for the feedback

    Sounds like berkley have priced this fairly well at $35 plus it is a 150 yd spool when compared to the firelines 125yd

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  4. #19

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Be nice if you could buy larger spools of the the lighter breaking strains so I coudl spool up more than 1 reel at $30 a pop :-( Cost a fortune to re spool using the 150yd spools.

    Might have to give the 4lb a run so I get the bigger spools.

    Cheers

    Lee

  5. #20

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    i have been looking for this braid for the last week as i wanted to replace my braid on a few spools. I have been to five tackle stores in this time, sandgate tackle world, jones tackle, carseldine tackle store, mossops wooloongabba and virginia bcf. It was actually quite interesting, each staff member i asked at each of the stores (excluding bcf) had the same reaction - a little frustrated chuckle before explaining that as soon as they put it on their shelves it was sold in next to no time at all and that they were unprepared for the level interest in it and that they had many people ask each day about it. each store said they will be getting new stock in the following week. given that it was in both b&b & qfm plus this thread, im not surprised cos im only hearing good things about it. plus its relatively cheap too.

  6. #21

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    I've got a 300m spool arriving from the states that will cost $36 delivered to my door mid next week.
    Jack.

  7. #22

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by seriola ilandi View Post
    i have been looking for this braid for the last week as i wanted to replace my braid on a few spools. I have been to five tackle stores in this time, sandgate tackle world, jones tackle, carseldine tackle store, mossops wooloongabba and virginia bcf. It was actually quite interesting, each staff member i asked at each of the stores (excluding bcf) had the same reaction - a little frustrated chuckle before explaining that as soon as they put it on their shelves it was sold in next to no time at all and that they were unprepared for the level interest in it and that they had many people ask each day about it. each store said they will be getting new stock in the following week. given that it was in both b&b & qfm plus this thread, im not surprised cos im only hearing good things about it. plus its relatively cheap too.
    dont you love the power of Ausfish ..... bnb & qfm only played follow the leader
    ...... nah seriously - it is a great line for light spin reels ..... mates of mine are converting over as soon as they experience it ! - this is one product that gives me a lot of satisfaction for giving it a go ..... its a stand out

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  8. #23

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I've got a 300m spool arriving from the states that will cost $36 delivered to my door mid next week.
    Thats a good buy - specially delivered .... seems to be about US$36-$38 ( plus delivery)

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  9. #24

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    For those that want to try Nanofil ..... you can buy a 300M spool from www.tacklewarehouse.com for about $US 38.00 plus US$7 delivery - get it in 2 weeks - it will cost you more if you bought fireline locally

    chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  10. #25

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I've got a 300m spool arriving from the states that will cost $36 delivered to my door mid next week.
    thats cheap! they had a $34 tag on the empty shelf on jones for half the length.

  11. #26

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by seriola ilandi View Post
    thats cheap! they had a $34 tag on the empty shelf on jones for half the length.
    That seems to be the local price $34 / 150 yd spool - still not bad when compared to the other fused braids

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  12. #27

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Going to check tackleworld for nanofill today, but just to add ive never had a windknot in 6 years, i use 2 and 3 kg braid on a 1000 stradic and 1500 sol, i beat the windknot curse by always running the line through 2 fingers as i wind in, this lays the line down under slight pressure and it allows me to feel any touches.

  13. #28

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Going to check tackleworld for nanofill today, but just to add ive never had a windknot in 6 years, i use 2 and 3 kg braid on a 1000 stradic and 1500 sol, i beat the windknot curse by always running the line through 2 fingers as i wind in, this lays the line down under slight pressure and it allows me to feel any touches.
    You are lucky

    Its great if you are fishing a technique that allows you to pinch the braid on the retrieve - not real practical if twitching a placcy though.
    The action of a rod & cast technique can also contribute to a wind knot ........ eg brand new line - wound on under tension & a wind knot first cast ...... a soft braid wrapped around the guide during a punched cast - that sux!
    I have an 1500 size outfit that virtually never gets a wind knot - yet my 2000 stella could be used to make places for birds to nest in
    Braid is only a part of the equation ........This Nanofil has performed better than any of the dozen or so of lines I have tried on my finesse outfits. So pretty happy with that

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  14. #29

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Hi nagg, all i fish is plastics, try it yourself, run the line through the first 2 fingers on the hand holding the rod and apply slight pressure, its magic for using plastics as i feel even the slightest touch..

  15. #30

    Re: Berkley Nanofil - cures the pain of wind knots ( for me)

    Hey Chris, what brand and weight leader are you using with the 6lb Nanofil when chasing river jew?
    Marty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us