Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Federal Labor's carbon tax, which is supported by Qld Labor, will drive up the cost to fish. How you might ask?
    The cost of electricity will rise and so every marine business that uses electricity will have to pass their increases on to the consumer: eg. bait and tackle shops, boat builders, fish markets/co-ops ... What will go up:
    Bait up
    Ice up
    Tackle up
    Rods up
    Reels up
    Fishing mag up
    Fishfinder up
    New boat up
    Engine up
    Fish price at market up
    Qld Fisheries costs up => Boat Rego up, and a new rec fishing licence fee to pay for it
    Jobs NOT up
    Wages NOT up

All of the above will happen under Labor govts.
    The LNP opposes the carbon tax and will fight it all the way
    A stark choice for rec fishers, don't you think?

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

And so called " direction action " is the way to go i suppose ?.

Tell the federal leader of the coalition to show some courage and drop his policy and not handout wads of cash ( how much nobody seems to be able to agree with him on ) to big business.

See i am in the camp that thinks climate change is a load of crap so both major parties at a federal level suck on this issue for mine.

Whats your views Mark both as a state politician in opposition and as a rec angler. Is climate change real in your view ?.

Look forward to reading your thoughts on this one.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Whats your views Mark both as a state politician in opposition and as a rec angler. Is climate change real in your view ?.

Look forward to reading your thoughts on this one.
    Labor's solution, the carbon tax, will not do anything for the planet, but it will make you pay more to fish. Everything will go up - your tinnie, your beer, your rods, boat rego and a new tax will be introduced - a rec fishing licence to cover the increased cost for the govt to run its Fisheries dept.

Mark, as you stated the LNP will fight the carbon tax to the end. Commendable.
    What is the LNP line on climate and environment control?
    Jack.

if this was a salesman/sales rep coming into my work to try and get me to specify some of his stuff, and all he did was bag out the opposition's products and not detail any of his own i'd simply be tuning out and showing him the door. at some point mr robinson you are going to have to come clean on the LNP plan, because people are going to get increasingly frustrated with no substance from the LNP.

at least you do seem to be interested enough to be discussing the issues facing recreational anglers and actually talking to some recreational anglers mr robinson so full respect to you for that.

to be brutally honest and answer your question, i couldn't give a rat's bum how much a carbon tax drives up the cost of me going fishing, i'd still do it anyway. i'm more worried about what a carbon tax will do to our country, what will be it's effect on manufacturing? what will be it's effect on the everyday lives of millions of people. what will be the real gain for the people of australia? i simply see this tax as being a thinly disguised money grab from the middle income earners of australia, the very people that keep the joint running, in order to pay for the wasteful financial management of the current government. i would have no problem paying a carbon tax if everyone in the world, or even this country, paid the same price, but the simple fact is ...................... they don't. so by all means can it, but don't can it because it's going to put up the price of going fishing, can it because it's a total farce, falsely sold to the australian people on the pretense of it saving our environment.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Mark, as you stated the LNP will fight the carbon tax to the end. Commendable.
    Thanks you.

I think there are a lot of rec fishers and boaties who don't want to throw away their hard earned money because Labor invent another tax that won't save the planet, but will fleece you wrt cost of fishing.

Are you happy to pay more to fish - and higher boat rego and even a rec fishing licence to pay for FQ's added costs?

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post

to be brutally honest and answer your question, i couldn't give a rat's bum how much a carbon tax drives up the cost of me going fishing, i'd still do it anyway. .
    The early response from recfishers is that they are angry about paying more. I am too. Why should we pay more to fish because of a Labor tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Federal Labor's carbon tax, which is supported by Qld Labor, will drive up the cost to fish. How you might ask?
    The cost of electricity will rise and so every marine business that uses electricity will have to pass their increases on to the consumer: eg. bait and tackle shops, boat builders, fish markets/co-ops ... What will go up:
    Bait up
    Ice up
    Tackle up
    Rods up
    Reels up
    Fishing mag up
    Fishfinder up
    New boat up
    Engine up
    Fish price at market up
    Qld Fisheries costs up => Boat Rego up, and a new rec fishing licence fee to pay for it
    Jobs NOT up
    Wages NOT up

All of the above will happen under Labor govts.
    The LNP opposes the carbon tax and will fight it all the way
    A stark choice for rec fishers, don't you think?
    Why isnt this considered advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    to be brutally honest and answer your question, i couldn't give a rat's bum how much a carbon tax drives up the cost of me going fishing, i'd still do it anyway.
    Some of us are getting that low in the tank that fishing may be be a luxury that cannot be afforded.
    It costs money to fish. Money best spent on things like food, home repayments, insurances, car and every bloody thing else you need to survive.
    A lot of people cannot take too many more hits to the wallet.

But in saying that.....I'd much rather pay the carbon tax then pay the outrageous fuel prices that are happening. Fuel pricing is nothing but a blatant ripoff. Just this week they put the price up 10c / litre because crude's price went up. Did the price of fuel come down when the price of crude collapsed and the AU$ shot up??
    At least the carbon tax is a blatant ripoff with a name.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by MackerelMan View Post
    Why isnt this considered advertising?
    I'd say it's more political debate than advertising. Any sitting member from the Labour Party (anywhere) care to reply?

What I'd like to know as a matter of interest is how the carbon tax is going to affect the costs of manufacturing in plate alloy in Australia? Considering the amount of electricity used in the welding process, together with other added expenditure increases, will this be another industry that moves offshore to reduce costs?

Cheers,
    Jim

Direct action is not the way either, there is no need to for any action over and above the natural course of event action, same as in all other areas where true physical knowledge forces the technology not science fiction belief systems.

It amazes me that the general population seems to think that the true technology advances needs only green investment to somehow magically drive the physical technology needed to make it "all ok"....people with heads in the sand and hands in others pocket is the driver here.

It's all about the cult of fossil fuel hate...nothing more IMO and yet the believers 'deny' the only none 'star trek' technology availble that by all accounts over the next 100-200-500 years is capbale of meeting our needs at any level....we live today solidly in the opportunity cost era.

My green platform for the Australian human race into the future is free access to anti-psychotics for all.

well then..the first thing the LNP can do when elected is legislate to lower the price of electricity for us all..that is the first good step but I bet that won't happen.
    Then they can lower the price on water..but I bet that won;t happen either.
    Then to help us out they can lower rego also.
    Then to help us out some more..they can get rid of tolls on Campbells tunnel and also the Gateway.

There ya go Mark..just a couple of things you can do to help all of us..will those happen? I doubt it.

I would like to a poll, buggered if i know how to start one.

When it comes to climate change do you ?.

a) Agree there is change and support labors plan of a carbon tax ?.

b) Agree there is climate change and support the coalitions direct policy ?.

c ) Disagree with climate change and support neither a or b ?.

Whats your thoughts

I am C

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I would like to a poll, buggered if i know how to start one.

When it comes to climate change do you ?.

a) Agree there is change and support labors plan of a carbon tax ?.

b) Agree there is climate change and support the coalitions direct policy ?.

c ) Disagree with climate change and support neither a or b ?.

Whats your thoughts

I am C
    d) Agree there is Climate Change and there isn't a fig man can do about it either way.

Me? I'm d.

How do you stimulate an Economy out of (near) recession? Reduce taxes and regulation, so that Business can get on with being profitable and hiring people. The slide will continue for a while yet - this tax is so utterly ill conceived.

I am no fan of the Direct Action Policy either. I think the arrogance of Man to think He can influence the Climate in a meaningful way is manifestly foolish. As I've stated before, you have to have a policy, sadly, because Political Correctness demands it. Having said that, I see it as having a far lesser impact on our Economy, so it's "not as bad." But it still stinks.

The Carbon Tax will cost everyone, in every walk of life, and the compensation won't be anywhere near enough. The modelling is best case - and how often does that work out? No, we will see hardship at the lower levels of Society from this, as JuliaR works hard to achieve her aim, all of us being poor and miserable together.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

No you don't need a policy at all Timiboy none whatsoever, just one that states no taxes and no handouts to business.

The monk is on record as recent as just a few days ago clearly stating our targets will make two tenths of bugger all difference so why can't the coalition abandon there policy and give us punters a opportunity to vote for a party with a like wise outlook, surely there is enough of us to get him into lodge.

I will tell you why, the guy has no balls nor any coalition colleague and when it comes to having a lend of the Australian people he is just as culpable as the red head.

Both parties might be taking different routes on this issue but they are damn sure racing to the same cock and bull finish line.

Any coalition politician who isn't brave enough to come out speak against there direct action policy and the fact there is no need for one at all is being very selfish by putting themselves above whats best for this country.

As KC puts it a bob each way politics, well me i have had enough of gutless selfish politicians who think having MP next to there name is more important to there ego than the country and the cost of abstaining from the next federal election would be money well spent.