Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Haha, poor Mark Robinson. I still applaude him for having the balls to get on here and 'liase' with us about fishing related matters but he opened up a can of worms by just bringing up politics (or lack of it) in general!
    And yeh, he's gotta be a big boy and take some heat, it's natural but thats a sketchy line to draw saying the carbon tax will increase my cost to fish.
    Ok so the LNP don't have any clear cut fishing policies yet, but they (in essence I guess it's the LNP saying it, through Mark?) do say it's clear cut that costs to fish will rise with a carbon tax. As was so painfully pointed out above, do 'they', Mark or anyone else officially alligned with the LNP want to go on the record and say costs to fish WON'T rise under them?
    I really do appreciate a politician getting on here but come on, at least give us something tangible to work with than 'Labor sucks, vote us'!
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Ausfish is just like every other forum Tim, threads evolve, that's what happens over 9 pages.

I agree it's good to have Mark Robinson MP on this site, good for us and good for him. I hope this is taken as constructive criticism but I do wish you (Mark) would answer the questions members put to you here, almost all have gone unanswered. To truly engage with us means more than posting your media statements and answering a couple of Dorothy Dixers. I also find it a bit annoying whenever Mark is asked fairdinkum questions that we'd all like him to answer, others, normaly it's Tim, or even Phil once or twice comes in with "let me answer this for Mark", or "I think I can answer this one". Sometimes within mins of the question being asked. I don't care if Mark only pops in once a month as long as he answered our questions, at least then we'd be hearing it from the horses mouth. The questions are almost all to to with his portfolio or about something Mark has said, so when they're ignored by Mark or answered (more often than not incorrectly) by some one else on Mark's behalf it causes myself and obviously others to doubt the motives of Mark's involvement on this site.

One more tip Mark, maybe using a avatar photo of yourself holding a fish would be a better choice on this website, the one you're using now looks more suited for a campaign poster. (pun intended)
    Cheers

I think just about everyone here appreciates having a bloke like Mark as a member of this forum - that has to be a good thing ! ........ sadly though up to this point of time it has been only to drop his form of political spin ..... pre election! .
    Once the LNP get in ( & they will) ...... Will Mark disappear ? - I hope not , because that will be the point in time where his interaction with us will be actually worth something & not what it appears to be right now.
    So that's the challenge for Mark ......... engage us when policy will actually mean something rather that slinging from sideline with useless political rhetoric.
    I cant wait

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    ..... Will Mark disappear
    Well he's already beaten MP Andrew Laming's 3 posts in 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Well he's already beaten Andrew Laming's 3 posts in 2008!
    What was he doing on here ....... ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I think just about everyone here appreciates having a bloke like Mark as a member of this forum - that has to be a good thing ! ........ sadly though up to this point of time it has been only to drop his form of political spin ..... pre election! .
    Once the LNP get in ( & they will) ...... Will Mark disappear ? - I hope not , because that will be the point in time where his interaction with us will be actually worth something & not what it appears to be right now.
    So that's the challenge for Mark ......... engage us when policy will actually mean something rather that slinging from sideline with useless political rhetoric.
    I cant wait

Chris
    I have been an AUSFISH member since December 2010. I have tried to come online as much as possible. Some of the conversation has been very useful, others .... interesting. I have been a rec fisher since i first fished at age 5. The main value of AUSFISH to me is to hear what fishers think - that's why constructive comments are most useful. But others can sling off if they wish - makes no difference to me. I don't plan to go away, whether in Opposition of govt in the future. The LNP will continue to support the right for rec fishers to fish sustainably. we have no plans for carbon taxes and more fishing closures as does the Labor-Green alliance. Don't understand how any rec fishers can support Labor these days, or the Greens. Gone are the days of the good Labor fishing men - like Tom Burns - whom I had a lot of time for. Left are a Green-washed bunch of deskjockeys who are happy to lock up fishing spots. Most of them couldn't rig a line, bait a hook, take a fish off the hook .... I believe that rec fishers are too smart to keep letting this happen.

" Don't understand how any rec fishers can support Labor these days "

Wonder how many rec anglers also happen to be employed by the NSW state government would now share those feelings Mark after being blindsided by Barry with the help of the F & S party.

All those employees with loans out on rigs and so forth, bet right now there wishing they did not put there faith in Barry and Co.

Rec anglers may have had a win in regards to fishing but at the same time just got screwed over on I.R.

So whats more important in the big scheme of things, your remuneration or fishing for fun.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    I have been an AUSFISH member since December 2010. I have tried to come online as much as possible. Some of the conversation has been very useful, others .... interesting. I have been a rec fisher since i first fished at age 5. The main value of AUSFISH to me is to hear what fishers think - that's why constructive comments are most useful. But others can sling off if they wish - makes no difference to me. I don't plan to go away, whether in Opposition of govt in the future. The LNP will continue to support the right for rec fishers to fish sustainably. we have no plans for carbon taxes and more fishing closures as does the Labor-Green alliance. Don't understand how any rec fishers can support Labor these days, or the Greens. Gone are the days of the good Labor fishing men - like Tom Burns - whom I had a lot of time for. Left are a Green-washed bunch of deskjockeys who are happy to lock up fishing spots. Most of them couldn't rig a line, bait a hook, take a fish off the hook .... I believe that rec fishers are too smart to keep letting this happen.
    Hi Mark .... I appreciate that quick response -

I have no doubt you have a passion for fishing ...... better if it was an obsession
    Call me cynical ...... but - Pollies usually pop their head up if they want something or want votes ......... & the fishing vote is (should be) a dead set target .......
    So why it is not hard for me not to pass judgement ( I hate that ... but it is me) ...... I really want to see you on these pages when you end up with that portfolio ( fisheries) - I'll even try to catch up with you ( & Timi ....... who would probably be in a black suit , dark glasses with a microphone in his hear) for a beer .........
    At that point of time - we will know where you really stand .
    Eddie O Beid in NSW .... IMO did a lot for NSW fishoes - I hope you can do the same up here!!!!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

i too, am happy that you are willing to engage with recreational anglers as a recreational angler yourself mark, but as you would have no doubt figured out by the comment in this thread, people have had enough of the spin and just want mark robinson the real recreational angler to make a difference for us all, they don't want mark robinson the spin doctor. goat boy has summed it up brilliantly at the top of the page.

Thumbs up as a recreational fisher......IMO

Mark , 1(one) thing you keep on mentioning....and therefore you keep on encouraging me
    LNP policy for RecFishing...is not set in stone

Heed our words/opinions present & Future......

p.s. if there is division within our ranks , just go with my imo

Its almost over anyway....can someone please tap Juliar on the shoulder with modern understandings and then put all the 15 year old truths to the everyday Alarmists...how come it takes 100 times the evidence to 'disprove' ACW as it ever took to 'prove' it??...it's not rocket science.

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow...192334971.html

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Its almost over anyway....can someone please tap Juliar on the shoulder with modern understandings and then put all the 15 year old truths to the everyday Alarmists...how come it takes 100 times the evidence to 'disprove' ACW as it ever took to 'prove' it??...it's not rocket science.

And, given the deathblow that little paper provides to AGW Theory (I am trying to get a copy of the paper rather than the press release - I hate "Science by Press Release"), I wonder whether Labor will tell the Truth and state that Carbon Tax is the pointy end of a Wealth Redistribution System designed to make every last one of us miserable together?

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post

The Heartland Institue is far from being impartial don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    I do agree but when on this topic what organization scientific/journal/political dogma/whatever on the face of the earth is recognized fairly as impartial? I as yet have not found even one, still way way too much money and power in climate change.

In respect to the climate realists they can only play within the rules already set out and continuing to operate under AGW junk science but with only 1/1 millionth of the resources available...as much as that galls me until the status quo from the pro AGW industry comes down to real reproducible bench based science as the only driver for their 'claims/predictions', climate realists cannot logically follow to where they want to be already, would be folly to move all alone and allow a return to the junk science driven AGW astoundingly hysterical claims and beliefs broadly accepted by the majority at the turn of this century.

My grandma used to say "whats good for the Goose is good for the Ganda, don't complain, change or get used to it".

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    In any case, this not so subtle "It was them and so it means nothing" is meaningless.

The NASA Satellite data has been chewed and swallowed. I have now read the paper (I even understood some of it!) From the Conclusion:

"What this might (or might not) imply regarding the ultimate causes of the El Niño and La Niña phenomena is not relevant to our central point, though: that the presence of time varying radiative forcing in satellite radiative flux measurements corrupts the diagnosis of radiative feedback."

In Laymans' terms: The Theory of CO2/Water Vapour Positive Feedback is wrong. The models show the heat is trapped. Observation shows the heat is escaping. CAGW is a crock. It was Einstein who wisely said (I paraphrase) that it doesn't take a consensus to prove me right, but it takes only one paper to prove me wrong. I'll say that again:

The models show the heat is trapped. Observation shows the heat is escaping. The models are wrong.

Elegant proof that, as Recreational Anglers we don't want a Carbon Tax, because it will impact on every aspect of our lives, and it is based on a rank Falsehood.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.